Evel Knievel

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
IMG_1495.jpeg
So California Creations is releasing another improved stunt cycle. I had to preorder because they had me with the nostalgia thing. I got my first one in 1976 and have bought the reproduction they offered in the past which was close enough to the original to have fun jumping GI Joe vehicles.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
So my cousins had even Knieval with bike. I never thought to much about it then I am at my uncle’s house & my cousin & I find an entire box of EK toys. The long lost doll etc.

Turns out my uncle worked for the toy company at some point & he famously rebuilt a lot of the returns & donated them to orphans & such. After the 3rd trip on Christmas Eve even the nuns said enough go somewhere else. :)

Needless to say my cousin & I were very happy that day. Probably no idea what those things were worth today, but my uncle didn’t live long enough for internets & Ebay.

Reactions: Sgt301 and nacho

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
So my cousins had even Knieval with bike. I never thought to much about it then I am at my uncle’s house & my cousin & I find an entire box of EK toys. The long lost doll etc.

Turns out my uncle worked for the toy company at some point & he famously rebuilt a lot of the returns & donated them to orphans & such. After the 3rd trip on Christmas Eve even the nuns said enough go somewhere else. :)

Needless to say my cousin & I were very happy that day. Probably no idea what those things were worth today, but my uncle didn’t live long enough for internets & Ebay.
That’s cool, I got quite a bit of fun outta that toy. I had the dragster with chute, and the big travel RV that year, the big PX in Stuttgart must’ve had a sale going on. Then there was the Big Toe field goal kicker from about 1977 that you could launch the small plastic ball a good 20 feet through the small uprights. The plastics they used were almost indestructible 🙂

Reactions: Videoviper