Military figures where to buy in Canada

Utena

The Unwashed
Jun 17, 2016
Hi Folks,

New to the group and looking for some help in finding 4" WWII figures in Canada? I already have a few Joes for my America soldiers. Looking for Japaneses, French, Italian and German ground troops. Trying to put the Howling commandos together to go with my 4.25" Captain America. Trying to get the uniforms as accurate as possible without having to do major sculpting. Any help would be appreciated

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Germans are pretty well covered ground. Hiya's will move the best, being articulated like Joes are, but they get blown out in other categories. You're gonna find that Germany and the US are the only game in town when it comes to figures. Bbi did a lone British paratrooper, but the 'chute harness is sculpted on, rendering it of little value outside of jump scenarios. The same goes for Dusty Trails' British paratrooper, but with even less articulation and a permanently attached canopy.

21st Century Toys did three waves of Japanese figures, the only differences being paint (series one was Imperial Army, two and three were IJN Marines). Bbi released a A6M that came with a pilot.

That's about it for non-Germans or American troops. Hiya teased about doing Soviets, but as yet nothing has come of it.

Utena

The Unwashed
Jun 17, 2016
@ K-Tiger, thanks. I did find some generic soviet troops from Indiana Jones on eBay, they are 3.75" about the same size as Joes or a tad smaller. Plenty of scrappers on eBay selling 5 soviets for $10-$12. Shipping from US to Canada is a killer.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, the Indy ones will pass for WWII Red Army troops.