Well what's west coast?

This:

and this:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
No doubt. Besides the Club's own fuckups and the film being pushed back almost a year...

You know, the least they could do is make some available at their stupid site. In previous years, they let people order multiple loose ("free" bagged version of the membership) figures with each order. For example, last year they did this. Monkeywrench got his membership figure, then was able to purchase 2-3 extra Dial-Tones after he got signed up for his membership. That's how he wound up with the fluke carded DTs that he got.

I didn't do it in advance last year as I wasn't very stoked with the quality of the figure. But I would've done it this year, except it wasn't even an option because their site was all fucked up after losing everyone's credit card and personal contact info. Thanks, Club.

I had to buy TWO goddamned memberships just to guarantee that I got one in the mail (I wanted to be safe after last year's barely showed up in the crushed box, with flaps hanging open and the figure hanging half out). Granted, I'm selling the extra one to Eddie, but still.

They're pulling similar bullshit with the Homefront Heroes packages this year, by not allowing non-attendees able to buy the HFH package until days after the attendees. Which makes a little more sense, but it just sucks that they're changing it up the ONE YEAR I finally decided to pony up for the non-attendee set.

I lucked out with a carded DT last year due to MW's luck and him being an awesome dude. I doubt I'll be as lucky this year. You know those asshats at JoeCon will snatch them all up and sell them for $200-400 or more.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Just hearing those douches at HT talk about how awesome they are with their Gold Tickets make me want to punch Joe fans in general, and I'm a pretty diehard Joe fan myself.

A lot of people are just going to flip these, which sucks for the people who really want them. I'd pay up to $70-80 via the Club for the carded one if I was guaranteed one, but the scalpers are going to go through the roof with their pricing. Demand has gotten absurd for these.

And goddamn, does the Club not have enough exclusives at Con as it is that only attendees can get? Make something available for everyone at least.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
no kidding... It's going to hard enough to get a bagged set for less than an arm and a leg. Fuckers!

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
They'll probably say the Footloose replaces the movie screening or some nonsense.

If you ask me, they need to do something to counteract their fuckups this year that pissed off a lot of people. I mean, the Joe crowd is a fickle lot to begin with, but I'm fairly realistic with this type of stuff. I don't have ridiculous expectations like some fans do, but the Club just can't seem to do anything right this year. They've had a billion opportunities to do something to make up for mistakes, but every opportunity they seem to have, they spin 180º and do the exact opposite.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
http://www.gijoecon.com/no2012/index.cfm

Carded footloose available at JoeCon. I'm assuming, JoeCon only? Every time I have something positive to say about the Club, I end up with 5 things to say against them.

Muh-ther f*@#-ers....

Why, oh why, do they have to make being a JOE 25th ARAH collecter so miserable?...I seriously considering pulling a TDan when I read stuff like this

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
According to Nirvana over at HT, he's gotten his GIJCC magazine for the current month (I've all but given up on even expecting the damn thing, what with my TWO memberships)...

Not that we didn't know this, but the July 2012 issue is here with the numbers:
We will soon be putting the Footloose figures online in the new club store. We will have approximately 500 carded figures (100 that were signed by Will Ryan at the Convention, and 400 unsigned). The limit is one carded and one loose per member. There will be approximately 300 poly-bagged Footloose figures available as well, also limited to one per member. Any souvenirs left from the convention will also be online in the store.

Other news is that the MCAX.com auction site idea has been shelved and the member forums should be back during the summer.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Are you "first class" or "third class"? I paid the minimum because I didn't give a damn to pay another $20 to get that crappy newsletter/zine-thing 3 weeks earlier.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
aaaand just got this email:

The Club said:
This quick update is going out to all members of both clubs.

It will still be a couple more weeks (we don't know exactly how long as we are waiting on the host to finish their work) until our dedicated store server is online.

Once it is ready to go, we will let you know that products in the store have be made active and you will be able to order items from the clubs again.

We do not anticipate that all items will be available in the club stores on opening day so please have patience as we finish the migration from the old e-commerce site to this one.

In addition, to try and avoid a denial of service issue (because of the volume) we will only bring one set of products online at a time.

We will email you when we are going to bring the products online. We are anticipating being ready to go the week of July 23rd, but that could change.

Thanks to both groups for your patience and the two great conventions this year!

Brian

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I got mine today and I missed that info entirely. Would be nice to get a carded FL.

It does explain the club email though. They talk about not putting everything up at once to keep from crashing the new store, and I was thinking to myself, "what could they possibly have that anyone would want at this point?!"

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Just got this from the Club:
This quick update is going out to all members of both clubs.

Both stores are closed until tomorrow at approximately noon CDT when we are planning to bring the G.I. Joe Club Store online. The Transformers Club Store will come back online at the same time.

For the Joe Club members:

Please note that there are LIMITS on the loose Footloose, carded Footloose and signed carded Footloose membership figures.

You are limited to ONE of each (per membership account) until we see how the demand goes. We can track exactly how many of each are ordered by account. If you place more than one order, we WILL CANCEL all of your orders and charge you a 25% administration fee. Please do not try this as we want as many members as possible to get these figures at the offering price. Quantities are limited.

In addition, we are still adding items to both stores, so it will take approximately another week to get all of our inventory back in the new stores.

Thanks to both groups for your patience and the two great conventions this year!

Brian

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I was just about to post that Fogger!

I will be trying to get 1 of the carded and extra bagged FL.

footloose

Enlisted
Jul 19, 2011
one fig i want more then anything and will never own due to price :(
hopefully we get a retail version one day

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Id like to get a carded one, but I'm not bending over backwards to make it happen...and the jacked up club is crazy if they think I'm joining in on their stupidity...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Well, I have two damned accounts—one in my girl's name. I'm going to see if she'll pony up for a second carded one. ;) (Eddie, same deal as usual? 1500 handies, using tears as lube?)

Does anyone actually want one signed? I fucking don't want a carded version all scribbled on, even if it's the voice actor or Larry Hama himself.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm just not a big enough collector to think signed toys are cool...I already feel like I'm judged quite heavily for what I do have, let alone signed toys...

But yeah, same deal is cool :D or, OR, trade for Dr. Venom?...not sure if that's worth it to you...so which ever you, I mean your "wife", prefers

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Well, I'm trying to patrol HT and the Club to make sure I can get a carded FL, so I'll post up here when the fuckers go live so other members can take advantage.

Fogger, you or any of the other Club members, do the same if you see it go live. (After you secure yours, of course.) ;)

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Hah. After working all last weekend, I have a call-in at 10am PST (which is 12noon CST).

I'm working from home today though (as part of my contract originally accommodated for during less-busy days, it's just the first out of 15 that I've been able to take advantage of), and if I somehow manage to "drop the call" I damn well will. ;)

I'm not missing out on FL.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Hmm. Well, I can't remember my password for both of my memberships, but I think I know the one for my main account.

Not being able to even access your account is really annoying.