Tofujesse Castings: Announcements & Discussion

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
So,with kickstarter, does the money you donate later get used for actual purchases?

From the Kickstarter site:

Do backers get ownership or equity in the projects they fund?

No. Project creators keep 100% ownership of their work. Kickstarter cannot be used to offer financial returns or equity, or to solicit loans.

Some projects that are funded on Kickstarter may go on to make money, but backers are supporting projects to help them come to life, not financially profit.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
If there's no way for me to use the money I donate for either purchases or get refunded when the project starts making profit, KS can suck my balls if they think I'll ever help anyone...if I don't ever benifit? pffft, yeah right!...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah, I don't quite get it, unless there's some net reward for the contributors. What is this, Russia?

It's not like KIVA, which is one of those micro-loan places that eventually pays you back (not sure if it's with interest, or what.)

Even if it was breaking even, to help someone out, that'd be fine, so long as you recouped your cost. I just don't see the point in it, as much as I like Marauder.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
It'd be different for like a KS for a friends or relatives cancer treatment...but for a project I'm interested in to just pay even more for it later when it's produced?...f*@# off

And what if the goal isn't met?...do the donatees keep the donated money?

I'm starting a KS for a cock enlargement...anyone willing to help? :D

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
Got my order Jesse, thanks a bunch and thanks for the extra goodies, can't wait to work on these. I'll be making another order from your overstock when I get a couple extra dollars in my paypal.. :D

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
not to blatantly rip off SDS, but SDS has a thread for pics of customs using SDS parts. Do you guys think maybe we should start a thread similar to that to showcase Jesse's stuff we used? or just keep posting them in this thread?

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
That's a good idea, Medd. But only if it can "stay on target", so to speak. You know... keep the comments focused on the customs/parts usage, and not go off topic.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I don't think we're capable of not going off topic.

SQUIRREL!

Maybe we can invite some of the HT Mods over to help keep us on track...

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
On Banthaskull, we're pretty lenient about staying on topic...with the exception of a few threads (recent acq, latest news and the like), and if those threads go off topic, we steer it back on, and move the posts to a 'hijacked quote' thread. It gives the mods and admins something to do, and helps ensure certain things are seen and not buried at all.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Well, since this thread IS for Jesse's castings... Jesse, let me know and I can go through and clean up the off-topic-ness from the peanut gallery... But it's fairly easy to go through and spot the on-topic stuff.

Maybe we should color-code nonsense? :D

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Well, since this thread IS for Jesse's castings... Jesse, let me know and I can go through and clean up the off-topic-ness from the peanut gallery... But it's fairly easy to go through and spot the on-topic stuff.

Maybe we should color-code nonsense? :D

Message pop-ups notifying you when a page you navigated to went off topic with a link to when the thread rights itself