Tofujesse Castings: Announcements & Discussion

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
What's sad and funny all at once is that despite your serious illness and hospital stay, you're still nowhere nearly as far behind as half the other custom part sellers. BA? Still waiting on an order placed in April. TG? Still waiting on orders placed fifteen months ago... and likely will never come, as they seem to have gone under.

So take your time. We're trained to wait ;)

(yes I know that SWG, AF, OPP, VC and others are quite good at timely order fulfillment, along with TJ under normal circumstances. I'm just pointing out that TJ's delays could be worse.)

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
What's sad and funny all at once is that despite your serious illness and hospital stay, you're still nowhere nearly as far behind as half the other custom part sellers. BA? Still waiting on an order placed in April. TG? Still waiting on orders placed fifteen months ago... and likely will never come, as they seem to have gone under.

(yes I know that SWG, AF, OPP, VC and others are quite good at timely order fulfillment, along with TJ under normal circumstances. I'm just pointing out that TJ's delays could be worse.)

:thumbsup:

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011

Truth...

BA screwed up an order said he would fix and 11 months later he won't even return emails about it.

Jesse is the mofoing man.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
I really wish I could join in on the TJ praises, but I can't. There's only one person that has the courtesy and forethought to PM, or call me, with any status updates to my parts - StarWarsGeek (Dave).

I have yet however, to receive anything of my custom parts, promised by TJ months ago. Why? Personally, I think it's because if it doesn't come through as an order from the site, it gets forgotten amidst the numerous PMs of "I'll send you this" to individuals. I don't want to sound like a real prick about this, but I'm sorry... I can't stand when people promise this, say that, and can't seem to stand by their word. If you can't handle your business, or follow through with customer service - then don't put so fucking much on your proverbial plate.

I was getting tired of waiting for shit, so I could finally finish up some customs... but now?

I just don't give a shit.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Good idea, Eddie. I wish it were that easy for me.

Instead, I've come to a point where I can no longer trust 99% of anyone in this fucking hobby. I've been dicked over, or bull-shitted too many damn times. I'm calling people out, so if you don't want to hear about it - ignore this post.
Slayer Dave hosed me on MY custom Clone rifle years ago, by selling the mold to someone else. It should have went to me, first and foremost - duuuh. No, I will never forget that.

NSA said he'd send me a headset/MIC for a Ghost custom I wanted to do - never got it. And even after he explained publicly that "he was moving during that time", I still don't have it. You'd think after you were reminded of something, maybe you'd follow through with it. Must still be unpacking, I guess. Whatever. And to think I gave you suggestions (of which you used) for your modern soldier customs that everyone fucking loved.

Sean Hunter, from Hunter Artworks, tried to charge me an outragous fee to mold a handful of items - because he got burned by someone else. Thanks for taking that out on me, you ass-tard. If someone GIVES you custom parts to mold, and you plan on selling them to every fuck out there for $3-4 a pop... here's a clue... you don't charge the giver crazy amounts of money for materials that don't cost but pennies for each part!

Onyx Pheonix? Ordered/paid for 5 fucking heads. It only took 2+ months to get them. I did get a few extra heads "for my troubles", but seriously... 2 fucking months to get out 5 heads?!?! Never again.

Now we come to Jesse. I read through all the posts when he first started on this site. I saw a lot of positive comments from everyone, and saw some really good work from Jesse. So I finally decided to send a few things, much like several others have. I have ordered other parts from his site, and got them within a week. My custom parts? Nope, still don't have ANY of them. Other people have them, but not me. Anyone else see what's wrong with this?

Have I bitched enough? Sorry, but I'm reeaally tired of this shit, and it needed to be said.

And let me add SWG Dave. Customer service, you say? Dave is THE BEST.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Ranting is fine, but it's just something that comes with the territory dealing with casters. You live, you learn, you get burned. Sounds like something a dad might say? Yeah, it sucks.

I have bought from roughly 2/3 of the casters. I've had minor issues with half of those, and some major issues, too.

NSA has some items in his possession that I bought at SDCC and he was hanging onto for me, and has yet to ship them to me. I am not worried about those, they'll get here eventually. And I'm a mod, too, so I keep in touch with him more than others. I have a larger-ish order I'm still waiting on from Jesse, and some issues from a previous order that are still unsettled. I have a feeling he'll get to it. Again, I'm not worried. I've got an order in excess of $100 from SlayerDave that's almost a year old now, and I doubt I'll ever see that one. I hate it, because there are still some parts/casts that AngelForge hasn't put up on his site. It blows, but that's the gamble I made. Who knows, maybe it'll happen eventually, heh.

The number one thing with each of those three? They've all had major surgeries/health issues within the last year or so. Does it excuse all of the delays? No, but it makes me realize that there's bigger shit out there than getting board members little plastic parts.

I'm still the biggest fan of all these guys, even with their fuckups though. Look, I realize it's a "business" to an extent, and customer service is a big factor and you can't excuse that, especially when people have given their hard-earned money in advance. But it's a hobby for most of them and not a main source of income, and I try to be patient with it. Yes, it sucks, and I'm not even trying to compare my issues with yours. But we all get dicked over.

This isn't HT, so I'm not here to delete posts and shit. Just sharing my experience and saying "Yeah, I get it" but just be patient. I know it feels like you're not getting the most out of your hobby if you get dicked over, but don't let it ruin your hobby either.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
I agree that it's just the way this stuff is sometimes. And I know I'm not the only one this crap happens to, believe me. I still say that most of these guys start doing this shit, and don't realize how difficult it is to keep up with everything. Oh, they'll take your money no problem, but then they take their sweet time delivering anything. This practice is totally unacceptable, which is probably why I have rarely ordered or dealt with anyone.

That, and I was always told/taught to follow through with promises, and to be true to my word. Some of these people should be ashamed of themselves, imo.

Oh well... life goes on I suppose.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
And to be honest, I made a "pile of loot" of stuff I was sending to Eddie, which I started putting together for him in October 2010 that didn't ship until maybe this last Spring. I just kept adding shit to it, and it became a running joke that I'd never send it. It happens to everyone, and so I can feel for these guys. It's not a priority, so it falls to the back burner.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Yeah... but when you tell someone that you really need a part, and they say "no problem, I'll send it"... never getting it is just wrong.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I have stuff waiting from Jesse as well...a bunch of items I sent him to cast, three orders that haven't shipped, but I've seen more customer service out of him than most casters. I'm putting together a list of stuff from SWG Dave. He's got some pretty great items and I'm glad to hear about the great customer service.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Let me echo on SWGeek - think I've only placed one order from him but it shipped super fast, and when a part was missing he replaced it super fast as well.

Angel Forge also got stuff to me amazingly fast, but he's fairly close to me so that might have something to do with it.

I'm still waiting on three orders from Jesse as well, but I'm hopeful I'll get them soon.

I feel really bad about people's experiences with Slayer Dave - I know he's had problems with follow-through, but he's a genuinely nice guy. Hard to take sides on that one.

Dark Horse

Ultimate Z-list celebrity
I agree with what Obi says, and I try to live my life by it - don't promise things if you can't follow through.

I've had similar experiences with most of the casters out there - one in particular you wouldn't believe.

I also agree with the expected delays with casters. I started selling casts a few years back and it gets out of hand so quickly - almost overnight. It's great to know you can help folk out and make a bit of money in the process, and it's hard to say no to folk who all want their stuff cast and sold. I can understand how folk get behind. I stopped doing casts when it started to get on top of me. It's a boring, monotonous task that leaves you covered in shit and dust. So I'm cool with delays when I put in orders, and all my thoughts go out when guys have such serious health issues.

What I don't like though is false promises. I just don't see the point. With everyone posting about when they place and recieve their orders all over the place, it's easy to check and weed out any lies made regarding shipping. Being honest is enough for me, I hate waiting for stuff that is never going to come.

I have three outstanding orders with Jesse, but I understand the wait as I kept adding stuff to it, then he got ill. No biggie. He's always been great with contact, and I've seen pics of stuff he's cast just for me. As long as it gets here in the end like I know it will, I'm good.

Never had a problem with Hunter Artworks either - he's always been super cool in any of our dealings.

Same with SWG Dave - I have nothing but great things to say about him. Total class.

The other guys... not so much. The worse part is I thought they were my friends. :(

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
I only pointed out people like OPP because it's an absurd way to handle a business. To take 2+ months for 5 heads is ridiculous. You'd think these guys get 1000 orders a week, and just can't keep up. I'd bet that is not the case, so why does it take sooo long to pour/set/pop/send 5 heads? Based on more ethical casters - it shouldn't take but a week at best. I'd be ok with a 2 week time-frame.

I know many people have sent Jesse stuff to cast, I get it. I never thought for a sec that I was going to get special treatment. Like I said though, it seems like any personal, or private deals through PMs get lost or forgotten about. That's something that the individual needs to handle better. Keep notes, or a record of some kind, so your PM deals don't fall to the wayside.

And for fucks sake... when it's brought up, especially publicly... do something about it.

A simple "hey man, I screwed up" goes a lot farther than continued silence.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Obi is 100 percent correct, I took on a little more than I should have and I forget about stuff I am doing without having an invoice for it. Unfortunately I can't change what what has already happened but I am taking measures so it doesn't happen again and I would like to apologize to anyone that I have might taken a bit to long to come through for or let slip fall through the cracks. I am trying to correct all the short comings and will have things running smoothly very soon.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
And there you go. Good to hear... now just make sure you follow through with it. You're doing such an excellent service for the community, so make sure you don't sink your own ship.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Should we create a separate thread for feedback for his store? I think Jesse already has one (on my cell or I'd search better) but I don't want to derail this thread or let it turn too sour. I was just stating my side, I didn't mean to turn it into or promote "Complaint Hour at Jesse's". I also don't want to shut it down or edit posts (which I won't do, btw) but do folks want a different method for feedback and suggestion/discussion, or are we all ok in leaving this as one super-thread?

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I think a feedback thread might be nice, to not derail this one. Of course, derailing threads is part of what we do, here, and I wouldn't want concerns to get lost or overlooked...

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
I already have a feedback thread but I don't mind stuff staying here. I dot take anything personal or in a negative way it's stuff like this that makes me correct things and try harder. It's constructive for me.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Its that ^^ attitude that makes us forgive some things...it's Aloshas bad attitude that make people NOT overlook his issues...

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
NSA said he'd send me a headset/MIC for a Ghost custom I wanted to do - never got it. And even after he explained publicly that "he was moving during that time", I still don't have it. You'd think after you were reminded of something, maybe you'd follow through with it. Must still be unpacking, I guess. Whatever. And to think I gave you suggestions (of which you used) for your modern soldier customs that everyone fucking loved.

LOL! Haha I'm sorry I didn't send you something.. for free.. that I said was packed away, and still is. If you've followed anything that's being going on with me (which is not a requirement by any means, but probably a good idea if you feel like bitching about things like a little baby) then maybe you'd KNOW I haven't touched any of my 'toys' since I moved.

"AND TO THINK I GAVE YOU SUGGESTIONS" OH MY! SUGGESTIONS! Let me bow down and worship before you, oh mighty suggestion lord! All hail Mr. Suggestion!

In summary, sorry, you don't get anything for free. Natch, maybe I'll toss some suggestions your way so we're even. :goodone:

:D

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
It's about keeping to your word. A simple PM would have sufficed if you couldn't do it, but you missed that point. I shouldn't have to follow you around to get any details about your personal shit, which ultimately does not concern me.

FREE, huh? Wow, I guess I should be bowing to your generosity over an item you claimed you had quite a few of and you'd be happy to send me one. It's not like you were giving me anything rare. For the record, I did offer to buy or trade for it, but you insisted on sending one to me... for FREE.

Try to remember - YOU came to me about improving your customs, numbnuts. I didn't have to help you drastically improve them, but whatever. I'm sure you loved all the comments on how bad-assed they looked afterwards, now didn't ya?

Seems like the baby is the one pitching a fit over being called out on something. And that's the difference between someone like you, and how TJ responded.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
That would be awesome AND hilarious if you could ban an admin for whatever length of time :D...

Like if you saw a cop give his chief a ticket

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
It's about keeping to your word. A simple PM would have sufficed if you couldn't do it, but you missed that point. I shouldn't have to follow you around to get any details about your personal shit, which ultimately does not concern me.

This was all done on Hisstank, which I stopped visiting some time ago, and this was, what? 8 months ago? You followed us over here, and in your time here you obviously followed up on "my personal shit" enough to know I moved/etc.

I'm sorry that, at the time, you didn't rate high enough on my care list to get a personal message from me. Doubt that's going to change anytime soon though :)

FREE, huh? Wow, I guess I should be bowing to your generosity over an item you claimed you had quite a few of and you'd be happy to send me one. It's not like you were giving me anything rare. For the record, I did offer to buy or trade for it, but you insisted on sending one to me... for FREE.

Exactly, and since I didn't ask for payment or trade, the fact that I couldn't get it to you is no sweat of anyone's back. I didn't take your money or parts and then not deliver on them.

I do have a number of them, somewhere. There's a box of BBI snipers, somewhere. I honestly have no idea what box it's in, and have no plans to be checking it anytime soon.

Try to remember - YOU came to me about improving your customs, numbnuts. I didn't have to help you drastically improve them, but whatever. I'm sure you loved all the comments on how bad-assed they looked afterwards, now didn't ya?

Oh, yes! I feed on positive comments! I live for them! Get a life. I don't spend all my time obsessing over what other people think of my customs. Even at the time, I did thank you for the suggestions, so your point isn't a strong one.

I don't, and never have 'sold' any of my customs, so don't think your sage advice made any tangible difference on my life, sorry to say. They're ultimately toys to me, and they're also packed away in a box somewhere.

Sadly, no one has told me how bad-assed they are lately.. :mad:

Seems like the baby is the one pitching a fit over being called out on something. And that's the difference between someone like you, and how TJ responded.

I love it! Pitching a fit! That's hilarious. :proposetoast: I'm laughing the whole time.. I was laughing when I read your original post (Only because I had a few people forward it to me, also laughing at it).

I have no idea how TJ runs his operation, I've never looked into it, never cared. I assume he takes parts/money/etc in exchange for his products.. so there'd obviously be a difference between his response and mine. I offered something for free, out of the saintly goodness of my heart, and unfortunately, due to issues out of my control, could not deliver on my princely offer, which has obviously caused you great pain and strife in your toy-life, so I suppose I apologize for the pain and suffering you've obviously been put through. :weirdo:

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
I only know of you moving because of the last time I mentioned this here, about what? 2-3 weeks ago? Not sure how that qualifies as me following your personal plight.

Point remains the same - you didn't follow through with your word. Regardless of how anyone rates on your "care list", if you can't send something, or have the common courtesy of informing them, then you shouldn't make any deals to begin with. Didn't anyone teach you this? Free or not - irrelevant.

By all means though... keep skirting around the root of the problem, by trying to turn everything around on me, simply because I pointed it out. Unlike Jesse, who can at least acknowledge where he made a mistake, you instantly get overly defensive. A simple "oops, my bad" response would have worked for me, but that would require you having the ability to see how things could have been handled better. I understand though... it evidently wasn't a concern to start with, so you've done nothing wrong.

As for your figs... the point was that I helped you when I didn't have to. That's all. I'm not suggesting that you owe me something for my sage advice. Interesting that you read it that way...

Oh well. :rainbow:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I'm just fucking around with you.

Honestly though, I don't care one way or another. I am sorry I didn't get around to sending it to you, it literally was just the last thing on my mind, and I haven't thought about it until today.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
My two cents:
People have PMed me in the past, offering to send parts and/or figures, knowing how difficult it is to get stuff in Australia.
Of course I said yes, and even agreed to pay for the trouble, but then nothing came of the offers.

Has anyone seen me bitch about it? No.
People have shit going on in their lives that take priority over little plastic army guys.

As for my experiences with casters:

I got my order from TJ 2-3 months after I paid for it, but I knew the wait time comes with the territory, so no biggie. Quality was great, btw. Same with SlayerDave.

I've ordered from Raginspoon a few times, and I'm always happy with the quick turnaround, great customer service, and clean castings (even if he does call a minigun a "chain gun") :D. He always throws in a random freebie too.

I have yet to order from SWG, but most definitely will do soon, based on the positive feedback.

Last edited:

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Want some cheese to go with that whine? :D

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Man... I sincerely hope I'm NOT with a bunch of you guys in the case of a zombie outbreak. I'd be your best bud until you needed bait. Fuckin' A.