Tofujesse Castings: Announcements & Discussion

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
I have been tons of requests for flesh tone heads so I am adding 20-30 flesh tone heads tomorrow.

I've been getting requests for painted heads also and I have a handful of painted heads available.

Attachments

• FT1.jpg
    FT1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 12
  • FT2.jpg
    FT2.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 11
  • FinH.jpg
    FinH.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 15

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
I'm sure this'll be the last time he does it.. someone will get an order, then he'll get an email how the paint doesn't match the body they want, lol.. or the paint chipped when they grabbed the head by the hair and tried to attach it. I tried selling painted heads back in the back-screw days and even with those kid of heads, I got a ton of complaints.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Plus i should have my first complete figure done by Sunday. Making a complete figure is something I started working on well before I got sick.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
Got my order today, and stopped by my storage place and picked up 4 large boxes of my customizing crap... Now I have to redo my customizing workbench and area and then I can play around with my new toys, lol.

Captain Charisma

The Cult Of Personality
Aug 8, 2012
California
I wish some of you guys lived closer to me. I could use a casting assistant.

I'm free this week... we can do more stuff like below. :D

Because of Hasbro's poor distribution, I have been unable to obtain as many Republic Troopers as I want for customs, and general parts cannibalization. Once upon a time this would have been a problem, but since my buddy Tofujesse has been casting like a madman of late, we put out heads together and decided to make a Republic Trooper kit. It's been a WIP for a few months now, but we're finally finished. Here's the first pull.

As you can see, we disassembled the figure completely, and cast the joint pegs as well, so that the final product will retain all of the articulation of the original figure once assembled. And speaking of assembled, here's what he looks like all together:

Now that he's assembled, I can paint him up, which I hope to do over the next week.

The best part about this is, Tofujesse can cast him in a variety of colors, so when I want a jungle squad, Jesse can cast them for me in a light green base. Desert camo? He can cast them in a light tan. Another advantage is I can now do all of the trooper mods I want without having to tear apart the HTF Hasbro version, which are going for $30+ a pop online. And believe me, I'm going to be doing a LOT of trooper mods!

-CC

Last edited:

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Looks pretty cool, but damn...

To go through all that for a fig kit and NOT modify the stupid T-crotch with something better?

:D

Captain Charisma

The Cult Of Personality
Aug 8, 2012
California
Looks pretty cool, but damn...

To go through all that for a fig kit and NOT modify the stupid T-crotch with something better?

:D

That's stage two, Blasterman, my man. :D

I didn't want to tear up the original...better to mod a cast, I figured. Then if I mess it up, I don't have to buy another. As a matter of fact, TJ is working on metal t-bars now so we can give the next version G.I. Joe articulation...

-CC

Last edited:

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
That's stage two, Blasterman, my man. :D

I didn't want to tear up the original...better to mod a cast, I figured. Then if I mess it up, I don't have to buy another. As a matter of fact, TJ is working on metal t-bars now so we can give the next version G.I. Joe articulation...

-CC

Cool! Now make it double knee jointed, swivel upper thigh, and rockers. :D

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Cool! Now make it double knee jointed, swivel upper thigh, and rockers. :D

...and balljointed wrists and double jointed elbows and bicept swivle and double jointed neck...

Seriously, when is a figure gonna come our way with all the great articulation features in one?

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
...and balljointed wrists and double jointed elbows and bicept swivle and double jointed neck...

Seriously, when is a figure gonna come our way with all the great articulation features in one?

This is my point. If you're breaking down a fig for doing kits, or making a custom fig kit, it's THE perfect opportunity to add the extra joints - imo.

Not everyone likes/wants all the extras, but I can dream can't I? At least until I can get my own figs in kit form. :thumbsup:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Not everyone likes/wants all the extras, but I can dream can't I?

what?!...who?...who doesn't like/want all the extra articulation, besides Hasbro? :D

I want my figures with posable eyelids! And articulated tits on the female figures!

Lol, articulated tits...I don't even know what that means, but it sounds provocative...I'd take functional vag/a$$ though :D

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Here a few things I just finished up.

Attachments

• SDCCslu.jpg
    SDCCslu.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 23
  • SSlauwhistle.jpg
    SSlauwhistle.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Swercover.jpg
    Swercover.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 30
  • Nosecone.jpg
    Nosecone.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 23

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Awesome - my second X-19 needs a nose cone. been waiting for you to cast these. I'd make sure you post that nose cone on the stank...a lot of people need those.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
I wish some of you guys lived closer to me. I could use a casting assistant.

It's not our fault you live waaaay out there, lol...

Actually, either next month or March, my local group of collectors are going to start getting back together near the IL/WS border for our monthly day long customizing meets at my buddy's school.

A couple years ago, we used to get together and have all day custom meets, it was a blast.

We're going to start it up again, this time we might be able to rent one of the art rooms.

Sorry.. back on topic..

Jesse, do you use the same plastic for all your figure cast body parts or a softer one for the parts that need pegs jammed into them?

Ridgeback

Enlisted
Jun 6, 2012
Jesse, would you mind giving me the date when my order was sent? Somehow I don't seem to get that email from your purchase system.
THX buddy!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Awesome - my second X-19 needs a nose cone. been waiting for you to cast these. I'd make sure you post that nose cone on the stank...a lot of people need those.

That's what that is!...lucky for me mines still in good shape...I was a careful little boy...took good care of my toys

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
That's what that is!...lucky for me mines still in good shape...I was a careful little boy...took good care of my toys

I was too the one from my childhood is in great shape and that's the nose cone I sent Jesse because my second one I picked up in a parts lot is only missing the nose cone.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
what the hell!! did the Sarge accessories sell out before I got to them?? I have been waiting on those!!!

He just cast those items...they aren't in the store yet.

Jesse - do you have these from POC Beachhead?

Attachments

• photo (6).jpg
    photo (6).jpg
    87 KB · Views: 71

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Some casts that were just finished up. Crimson Guard head, Golden Compass Kidman, some robotech weapon, and Slaughter Belt

Attachments

• CGhead.jpg
    CGhead.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 3
  • GChead.jpg
    GChead.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 8
  • robotech weapon.jpg
    robotech weapon.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 12
  • SSbelt.jpg
    SSbelt.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 11

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Some more. Here are your parts Eddie. These are just test casts yours will be clear. The fire hydrant, I'm sure you here this a lot. It was to big to fit in the box.

I should have it done in a few days.

Others are a SW helmet, modded crossbow, and a boonie hat.

Attachments

• eddies part.jpg
    eddies part.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 22
  • SWhelmet.jpg
    SWhelmet.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 18
  • crossbow.jpg
    crossbow.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 22
  • boonie.jpg
    boonie.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I'd make sure you cast that CG head in Black as well....make use of all those DG Cobra Commanders that are pegwarming

And that crossbow has Walking Dead Daryl custom written all over it.