Marvel: Phase Two

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I like this quote...

Anthony Mackie On The Minimal CG In CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER

"The Russos, what they did that was so great was, they wanted to stay with live action, which is a dying art form. If they can build it, they built it. If we could do it, we did it. They wanted to do as little CGI as possible. That's why the movie looks so great."

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia

I don't know what everyone is complaining about. Hell, the dude was at most a B lister before the films.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I dunno, I think Thor is a major Marvel character. To the younger generation, he may be more of a backseat character, but to older fans, he's much bigger.

Although he is a God and even a tangle with Hulk hasn't seemed to so much as make him bleed, so I don't think he actually NEEDS a helmet... But, I would've liked for him to have the helmet on at least in battle, at least when fighting super-powered creatures. Hell, even Loki wore his helmet in some scenes!

The helmet is as much an iconic element of the character as the hammer and disc-chest-plates and blue/red/silver costume. It also makes him more badass when he puts it on. It shows he means to do business.

I hated the Optimus Prime sliding mouth-plate that they did in the films, but at least he pops it into place when doing battle.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I like this quote...

Anthony Mackie On The Minimal CG In CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER

"The Russos, what they did that was so great was, they wanted to stay with live action, which is a dying art form. If they can build it, they built it. If we could do it, we did it. They wanted to do as little CGI as possible. That's why the movie looks so great."

I read that as if you transformed into Fred mid-typing.

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
I dunno, I think Thor is a major Marvel character. To the younger generation, he may be more of a backseat character, but to older fans, he's much bigger.

Although he is a God and even a tangle with Hulk hasn't seemed to so much as make him bleed, so I don't think he actually NEEDS a helmet... But, I would've liked for him to have the helmet on at least in battle, at least when fighting super-powered creatures. Hell, even Loki wore his helmet in some scenes!

The helmet is as much an iconic element of the character as the hammer and disc-chest-plates and blue/red/silver costume. It also makes him more badass when he puts it on. It shows he means to do business.

I hated the Optimus Prime sliding mouth-plate that they did in the films, but at least he pops it into place when doing battle.

My exposure to Thor (I even like the character) was his original bout with the Silver Surfer.

But from what I read, the helmet acts as a crown. Not just a piece of Armor.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah, I'd imagine the same as Paul Bettany's voicing J.A.R.V.I.S. Spader's not exactly the athletic/physical type, so would mo-cap really be worth it to capture his body language?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Here's a vid for which you speak of MM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNjVMFTWYN0

POSSIBLE SPOILER FOR AVENGERS 2

So does that blow the rumor that Ultron is going to be Jarvis gone bad? AICN was reporting that off another sites report.

We already know Ultron's origin is with Tony Stark not Hank Pym (I belive Whedon indicated this). Paul Bettany is the voice of Jarvis so if that plotline was true, then wouldn't Marvel cast him as Ultron. Or would that be too obvious?

It wouldn't surprise me if Jarvis becomes or creates Ultron but doesnt necessarily have the same voice

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Yeah if Pym isn't involved then J.A.R.V.I.S. does kind of make sense, but I hope there is at least some mention of Pym since after all Pym, and Stark created him together. Pym did the programing, and Stark's robotics from the IM suits were the basis for allot of his mechanical systems.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Since Ant Man is a phase 3 film (the first one iirc) it'd only be the smart thing to do to connect them somehow...maybe the end credits teaser?

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I do too. Should put pressure on DC to step it up. If DC and Marvel feed off of each other and DC actually competes head to head, both will need to up the ante each time. The fans are the winners!!

That type of competition is great!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Good news!...wonder if AM is getting some kinda face time somewhere else that Marvel feels so confident about his solo film dropping so soon after S/B AND in the summer...

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Good news!...wonder if AM is getting some kinda face time somewhere else that Marvel feels so confident about his solo film dropping so soon after S/B AND in the summer...

Probably in Avengers 2. That comes out a few months before the batman movie

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
It's not a real trailer as it is. It was what they showed at SDCC to introduce the name of the Avengers Sequel. It's just lines from Avengers in a voice over as the Ultron head forms...and you don't even get a good look at it full on.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
It's more of a teaser, yeah.

I was thinking it was coming out NEXT year, but it's 2015. Good God, Marvel, that's a long way off. :(

I guess Guardians is coming out NEXT summer. Sigh.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Thor 2 is this November
Cap 2 is spring of 2014
GOTG is summer of 2014
Avengers is summer of 2015

Then phase 3 starts November of 2015

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
It's more of a teaser, yeah.

I was thinking it was coming out NEXT year, but it's 2015. Good God, Marvel, that's a long way off. :(

I guess Guardians is coming out NEXT summer. Sigh.

2015 is a crazy summer for Disney movies. Avengers 2, Ant-Man, Finding Nemo 2 (Finding Dory), Star Wars. They pushed back the next Pirates movie to 2016 for that reason.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I love how mostly faithful Marvels film designs are to the source material...that Ultron helmet (from what we do see) looks great!

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah, Marvel's kept pretty close to most of the original source material, save for Hawkeye and Whiplash/Crimson Dynamo. And let's face it, Hawkeye's comic costume would look a tad silly on screen.

I really liked X1-X2 and The Wolverine, and half-liked X-Men:FC (save for the restrictions they were forced upon due to the original trilogy), but I wish Marvel would regain the film rights from Fox for the X-Men series, Spider-Man (well, Sony), and Fantastic Four.

I would really like to see a unified, blue/yellow X-Team on screen (First Class got close, but they were almost too uniform without enough individuality). I think a reboot using Apocalypse as the initial villain would be a great start at something fresh, but Fox will hang onto that franchise until their dying breath.

Also, I have limited hopes of a "Marvel Universe" crossover film one day that combines all the franchises against something like Galactus. Ooooh boy would that kick ass, but cost a fortune in royalties alone.