Hemtt Gun Trucks...wip

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave:Hello Fellow Fighters....latest work....center console and the seats are done....I changed the seats style and composition for better fits of the figures.

Stay tuned for more.....:salute:

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave:HFF...here is the latest build pics.....cockpit, center console, and dash with steering wheel.....I installed some LCD screens for modernization. The one screen is my Arma 3 game as it has a lot of vehicles and kit bashes to emulate perfectly...this one is the interior of the Hemmtt truck which is very hard to find.

In game pic of the interior

Stay tuned for more..............:salute:

HUNMARINE

Enlisted
Feb 6, 2014
Hungary
Just awsome!...:thumbsup:

Don't get me wrong..but I would use some other figure for measuring. Ult. Duke's hand a bit shorter than average. What do you think?:eek:

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Just awsome!...:thumbsup:

Don't get me wrong..but I would use some other figure for measuring. Ult. Duke's hand a bit shorter than average. What do you think?:eek:

Hey man:wave:, yeah that's why I made the cab 5mm bigger throughout. If you try and force the figure to sit in the vehicle it might snap something off so I don't think the clients want that and it pisses me off when I have to force a figure to 'fit' in the scale its supposed to 'fit' in. That said, it still needs to be as close to scale as possible and function as well. I'm realizing why most companies whom make the vehicles also try and make figs to go with it. GI Joe isn't a perfect 1/18th scale and neither are there vehicles so I'll make the vehicle to 'fit' the joes and most others.
I'm glad your asking q's and I appreciate it.

The seats are made of SM foam and any paint that isn't water soluble, will eat the foam. So you need to seal the foam with any water soluble paint first before applying any thing else to it. The inside cab is going to get the first primer coat and needs to be prepped, and sealing is the first step.

Last edited:

HUNMARINE

Enlisted
Feb 6, 2014
Hungary
Hey man:wave:, yeah that's why I made the cab 5mm bigger throughout. If you try and force the figure to sit in the vehicle it might snap something off so I don't think the clients want that and it pisses me off when I have to force a figure to 'fit' in the scale its supposed to 'fit' in.

Hey Digler! :wave:
Yeah..this scale differences - the worst thing I've ever experienced. And sometimes its really sad..that you have to say "NO" to some of the vehicles wich looks good and have a reasonable price just because they are out of the scale, and making a "right-scale" custom just will ruin it at all. :(

I'm glad your asking q's and I appreciate it.

Thank you for answering them :thumbsup:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah the scale issue is hard, but most times it's not due to a scale problem it's due to "its a toy" problem. AKA figures do not bend and move like real humans, so, where we can squeeze in to drive a car, a figure is very stiff (huh huh) and needs extra space to fit in there (huh huh).

This is why most "true" 1:18 cars and trucks work so poorly with figures.

Also doesn't help that a 4"+ GI JOE is basically a 6'+ human, which is on the taller end of average.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah the scale issue is hard, but most times it's not due to a scale problem it's due to "its a toy" problem. AKA figures do not bend and move like real humans, so, where we can squeeze in to drive a car, a figure is very stiff (huh huh) and needs extra space to fit in there (huh huh).

Also doesn't help that a 4"+ GI JOE is basically a 6'+ human, which is on the taller end of average.

This, all of it.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
This is one bad ass build! Dios,vehicles,figures!! No offense to anyone else,but you are the 1:18 king!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(

This whole post...so much :eddieism:

bman

Enlisted
Dec 17, 2012
Arkansas
I would like to see Digler make one of these next.
it is a Danish Jægerkorps (special forces).

Attachments

• 10174781_727937047257934_3774417412573217173_n (1).jpg
    10174781_727937047257934_3774417412573217173_n (1).jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 22

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave:Hello Fellow Fighters or HFF for short....any way, here are a couple a shots a little while ago. Reinforcing girder plates for the 'bucket', fuel tank, and battery box............

Stay tuned for more.....:salute:

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave: HFF yet another update.........lets see here.....added air/oil/environment filter system, exhaust, holding tanks, and home for the spare wheel.....

for the other side..........

Stay tuned for more..................and May the 4th be with you.....always. :salute:

HUNMARINE

Enlisted
Feb 6, 2014
Hungary
Thats so great..its so cool looking for your WIP photos - its give a bunch of great ideas and view of shapes and details. - thank you Digler! =)

1 question: how do you make the doors or parts wich is on the hinges - stay closed? I mean how do you make them not to be "flippy"...so they dont opening and closing all the time everytime you touching it.
If they closed - they stays closed. How do you achive it? =)

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
What's the googly eye for or supposed to represent?

EYEm watching you...:lmao: Ok so that is a bump on the filter that when painted will look....you know....like that thingy that's supposed to be there.
When you make engine parts....anything goes. Those will also be used for headlights me thinks. I have to use whatever I can, to make it look right.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Ah, gotcha...I couldn't see past the idea of it actually being cool to use as a "glass" part...the eye inside though, would look weird....

But yeah, painted, it'll just look like part of the assembly there...

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave: HFF...here's another update, just a small one as I'm fitting the roof, but I must paint before attaching it. The owner has requested some comms inside the cab so......

So as soon as I confirm the final color, I'll attach the roof and build the back, and then the front of the truck and the final will be the rear.