Kickstarter - Guru Toyz Military & Secret Agent Action Figures

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Looks like we are in another Kickstarter season...

This one is for female military/spy figures. These are the same people that did this figure (which is still available for purchase)

Kickstarter Link
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1644731504/guru-toyz-military-and-secret-agent-action-figures

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Legs are too skinny and the breasts are too large for anything practical.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
It's a shame too. Look how well the female figures that were released have sold. The IamElemental figs did fantastic.

It's why I'm saving my money for Falcon's kickstarter to get up and running again.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ummm, these are just repaints of the Annika figures that have been available for years. Why would I want to fund those when I can just buy the existing figures and do it myself?

I don't have an issue with breast size. Not all customs are meant to be practical.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Just saw that. Not sure what's different between this Annika and the previously-released one that merits new tooling.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Whoops, didn't see we had this thread too.

Ummm, these are just repaints of the Annika figures that have been available for years. Why would I want to fund those when I can just buy the existing figures and do it myself?

I don't have an issue with breast size. Not all customs are meant to be practical.

This is what struck me the most - there doesn't appear to be any new tooling, so why the high cost?

Ah well, big pass for me.

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
Yeah, no clue. Like I said, not interested, but I figured I'd let everyone know. I never saw much point in the original fig to begin with, the fake tits weird me out on it.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
I have one of those already and don't want or have use for any more. Best thing about the fig was the glasses. Maybe I'd be interested if it was new tooling as it's an outdated design now. I guess everybody wants on the action figure party wagon after seeing what Marauder and Boss Fight got for their projects (which are a lot more appealing). 5 poa figs are getting funded so I wouldn't be surprised if these did too.

Yeah, pass for me too.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Got some chuckles reading the HT front page story on this. A few ZOMG gotta get these but mostly making fun of the boobs.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Please, if Hasbro released a Baroness with tits like that they'd be fighting to get their preorder in. :whatever:

Still hope to turn mine into Ilsa. Just gotta find the right parts.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Funniest comment -

Seriously, I took one look at these figures and was all like, "What sexless, breast-obsessed basement-dweller designed these things?" Hell, this tagline from their Kickstarter page drives the point home succinctly:

“This figure stands apart by looking more tactical than fashionable when she's wearing her vest and covering up her beauty.â€￾

Soooo creeeeepy.