Can We get a A-10 Through Kickstarter ?

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
"SmokePants
Crimson Guard

Sorry to be a naysayer, but the MTF and HACKS Kickstarters only had around 1200 backers total. The market for this, given the higher price of entry, your inexperience in manufacturing, and the impracticality of being able to display a 3' X 3' aircraft -- even for people who really want one, would ensure far fewer backers than 1200. FAR fewer. Personally, I'd put the over/under at 100.

I don't mean to be harsh, but this is just way, way too premature on your part. You haven't even talked to a factory and gotten an estimate."

Whoa. Whoa. There. I've never heard of you so I'm just going to talk out of my ass, rookie.

Edit: I just realized this was that douchebag that lead to my first banning.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Tell your mom to get a bigger basement.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
"SmokePants
Crimson Guard

Sorry to be a naysayer, but the MTF and HACKS Kickstarters only had around 1200 backers total. The market for this, given the higher price of entry, your inexperience in manufacturing, and the impracticality of being able to display a 3' X 3' aircraft -- even for people who really want one, would ensure far fewer backers than 1200. FAR fewer. Personally, I'd put the over/under at 100.

I don't mean to be harsh, but this is just way, way too premature on your part. You haven't even talked to a factory and gotten an estimate."

Whoa. Whoa. There. I've never heard of you so I'm just going to talk out of my ass, rookie.

Fucking mouth breathing, basement dwelling, Internet trolling, finger smelling, no talent ass clowns. Good thing Hisstank redesigned their site for those douchebags.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
"SmokePants
Crimson Guard

clearly he doesn't realize that there's a whole nother collecting community outside of HT. Shocking, I know fella, but some guys actually want MAN toys while guys like you are satisfied with only boy toys.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
What's funny to me is MGR's first kickstarter was a napkin list of collective design ideas that were basically designs Falcone and myself were working on.

I think this is the sad thing about being permabanned because the trolls don't have any boundaries and less people to call them out.

They would rather have that space for 2 overpriced Joecon sets than actually something that doesn't look like a Funco reject.

Last edited:

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
clearly he doesn't realize that there's a whole nother collecting community outside of HT. Shocking, I know fella, but some guys actually want MAN toys while guys like you are satisfied with only boy toys.

I don't blame them for not wanting what some people here would consider "man toys" :eddieism:

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
OK guys I took my cast off to type this .

I heard back from my rep on the A-10 project here is the breakdown.

Before everything gets started they need a prototype that should be engineered to break down and designed for injection molding-----$10,000

Tooling will cost anywhere between $85,000 and $120,000 depending on options he says the $120,000 is a little high but he has that number to be safe.

That is for tooling only now we have production .

The estimated cost is $120-$160 per unit @ 2,000 units....$240,000 to $ 320,000

Shipping to the US aprx. $4,000

He said that there probably will not be any import tax. but for some reason I kind of doubt this so that may be another unforeseen cost.

so

Tool up---------------$85,000---$120,000
prototype------------$10,000
production-------------$240,000-$ 320,000
shipping-----------------$4,000

total--best case scenario $339,000 worst case $ 454 ,000

Price per unit painted in box. $169--$227 COST !!

If there will be a second run there will not be the additional cost of tooling.

He said count on about $374,000 for the entire project.

So there you have it nothing will start until the prototype is made.

Once that is done the ball can start rolling.

$5,000 down for the proto $5,00 after it is made and takes 45 - 60 days to complete .

A third is required for start up on the tooling 1/3 as it is under way and the last 1/3 upon completion of tooling.

The same applies for the production.

Calls will be made to raise the $10,000 for the prototype this week, and I will try to contact the guys at Kickstarter and see how we can get started .

Any guys who have used kickstarter before I gladly accept any guidance that you may have for me on this project.

This has been posted on Small Scale probably to reason to post it on Hisstank.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Should be doing this for the Hind. Make the damn A-10 a delicate model kit....

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
In addition to the usual scale model/1:18 and toy boards and sites, I think a concerted effort would be needed to get the word out to non-conventional sources to help fund this. I'm thinking places like A-10 enthusiast sites, squadron sites, air show vendors, etc.

A complete painted kit for $300 is right on the edge, but I would guess the 'Hog would be just popular enough to pull it off.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
In addition to the usual scale model/1:18 and toy boards and sites, I think a concerted effort would be needed to get the word out to non-conventional sources to help fund this. I'm thinking places like A-10 enthusiast sites, squadron sites, air show vendors, etc.

A complete painted kit for $300 is right on the edge, but I would guess the 'Hog would be just popular enough to pull it off.

so much that! Dan thought of good ones I hadn't even considered. I'd say museums but they might be more apt to fund even higher end models.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
so much that! Dan thought of good ones I hadn't even considered. I'd say museums but they might be more apt to fund even higher end models.

Indeed, perhaps the Smithsonian Air & Space Museums and/or the USAF museum among others. Did I mention that I once saw a 21st AH-1W at the National Museum of the Marine Corps?

I'd say a good form posting or letter could potentially lead them to the fund raising site and maybe get funding for at least one each, as long as the pitch is good.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
I have been talking to a few e-tailers and things are a bit too much in their infancy. They will be happy to have the finish product in hand but getting it there , they are a bit apprehensive.

The Belle Chase Naval Base is real close to New Orleans and A-10 fly out of it or at least used to. I know a few Marines at the base and will try to see if there is an interest from them as well.

But being in the service those guys do not have a lot of money to go around so I am not sure if that lead will help or not.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It doesn't hurt to advertise your fundraiser anywhere you can. You'd be surprised (or maybe you wouldn't :D) on what people will prioritize in their lives.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I'll post some flyers at work advertising the kickstarter when it launches

There's bound to be a few interested folks in a building of 17,000.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
I'll post some flyers at work advertising the kickstarter when it launches

There's bound to be a few interested folks in a building of 17,000.

Thanks any help will be appreciated
Well I did a little research on Kickstarter and the first step is to make a video of your idea .

Other than that in order to start this project we need about $10,000 to make the prototype .

So have 2 options to raise the $10,000 raise it ourselves or put this on kickstarter . If we submit the prototype fund raiser and actually get it funded Kickstater takes 5 % and tax on the $10,000 will be about 9% .

So we would have to raise $12,000 on Kickstarter for the prototype a little more if we go this way.

We have raised $3,000 so far ( or my financial supporter has anyway ) is there anybody who wants to contribute to the prototype fund to get this ball rolling before we make an attempt to integrate Kickstarter ?

as this project advances .

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Wants to? Yes! Can I? No. Especially without any kind of 100% guarantee that it'll either eventually materialize into an A-10 being in my hands or money back if it doesn't work out for whatever reason. I just don't personally have money like that to gamble with. Wish I did.

Maybe the people taking risks need to know what to expect, or what's at stake?

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, I also wish I had investment level cash to drop on this to help make it happen. Best I could do is help with the Kickstarter... and never tell my wife how much it cost... :D

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That last part so much! :lmao:

Real cost, let's say $300

"Don't be mad, Baby, but it cost $120 shipped. I know that seems like a lot, but it's a really good deal considering the cost of the things I don't collect."

:D

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Haha yeah we looked into Kickstarter for some things in the past.. it's a bit of a pain, and you really have to be focused.. best of luck!

People on there like all kinds of things, the key is getting the story picked up by a big site like Wired or something.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
You might need to use one of the other funding sites for the Prototype. Kickstarter requires that the contributors receive items for their contribution.