Any Interest in a 1/18th Scale F-117 ?

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
OK guys ,

I am sitting around being useless because I can't do anything but that does not stop me from thinking about stuff .

Who would be up for the F-117 ?

As far as building it it is all flat sided and angled . Angles are a lot easier to replicate than cureves.

The ordanances are tucked up inside of it so none has to be done and the conopy is slab sided to no vacuumeforming has to be d

Also there is a minimum of markings on it and it was painted basic black .

When it was first revealed an American flag was painted on the bottom of it . But that was painted over later.

The measurements in 1/18th scale arw

WS 28.88 "
Length 43.94 "
Height 8.27 "

In comparison the F-14 in 1/18th scale
WS retracted 25.33"
Length 42 "

So the F-117 is actually bigger than the Tomcat with wings retracted .

Est price for a resin kit $350-$450

Any interest ?

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Not from me. Too much money for something I'm not all that interested in anyway. Sorry. I'm sure you could make it pretty nice though.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Interest? Yes! Love the F-117! But at that cost, even fully assembled and painted and factory tampoed, I wouldn't bite.

This hobby, all of my hobbies really, are just getting too expensive. I just don't feel responsible blowing my money on ridiculously priced collectables anymore. Every time I turn around, the price on something I collect has gone up, yet my pay hasn't. So I have to, unfortunately, make cuts. I have to be MUCH more selective.

If I was loaded, Pickel, I'd be all over this project.

Also, I've already got a 1:18th F-117 in my collection. It's a foam RC body, but it's extremely beautiful. Displays very nicely. I don't know how they do it, but the foam finish is completely smooth. Wish I could remember the maker.

Last edited:

Preacher13

Officer X
Jul 16, 2014
Center Moriches, NY
www.instagram.com
Yeah, I'd bite on something like that for maaaybe $80, which of course is not a comment that your price is too high. I understand it's a lot of work and expense to create. The hind is much more compelling to me personally, and I probably can't buy that either.

I'm building a german sidecar. I really would love one of yours though!

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
It would be a pass for me as well and I had posters of that all over my wall back in the early 90's.

azslogan

Officer
Mar 14, 2013
Pass, not interested in it. If your talking aviation lots of stuff you can make using the UH-60 Blackhawk platform (DAP, Seahawk, Jayhawk) or you could build an updated MD-530 style Little Bird.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I've got one ceiling hanger remaining for mounting 1:18 aircraft. I may bite at the Harrier if and only if the finished product is awesome and the price is reasonable. But even then, it would get bumped by a well done Warthog. I'm afraid even the best possible version of an F-117 wouldn't bump anything I have currently hung. The only aircraft besides the obvious 'Hog that might vie for a spot would be a well done F-22, F-35, F-15 or F/A-18E/F. I honestly can't think of anything else that would make the cut.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
WOW to quote Rodger Daultry from the Who " this is going to fly like a lead zeppelin "

Yep that is how they got their name.

The only reason I thought about this is because of all the angles it would be easier to make .

I deffinatly could make the shell with panel lines and no landing gear simple but accurate lines for maybe half the price possibly .

saltymarine

Enlisted
Aug 22, 2011
Pass, not interested in it. If your talking aviation lots of stuff you can make using the UH-60 Blackhawk platform (DAP, Seahawk, Jayhawk) or you could build an updated MD-530 style Little Bird.

^
This, it's too big and no room for troops or figures, how about a Stryker with bar armor, now that would get my wallet all empty !!

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
^
This, it's too big and no room for troops or figures, how about a Stryker with bar armor, now that would get my wallet all empty !!

Some of you all in the know can correct me .

But can't the BBI be converted into a Stryker ?

The rocket rails should be fairly simple to do , but I am not sure how they will cast .

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Making a Stryker out of a LAV-25 would be like making a Tiger II out of an M48.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, isn't the Stryker built on an LAV-3 (larger) chassis, vs the LAV-25s all the current 1:18 offerings are designed after?

CaliViper

Enlisted
Oct 22, 2014
I'm wondering it would be easier to get a model of a stl model of a F-117 make a shell of it and have 3D printed. wouldn't that be cheaper?