Retaliation Carded Pics

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
What, kids don't like cool card art? That's part of what sold them to me back when they first came out!

I guess I shouldn't complain, they are saving me money.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You don't see them cheaping out on the card art on SW figures, that would never happen. Has GI Joe become that reviled in Hasbros eyes?

Essentially, yes. Joe even in it's prime was being outsold by Transformers. Just how it is.

Does the art suck? Most definitely. Do I care about the lack of file cards and stands? Hardly. I have a sack of ME stands, a testament to their uselessness to me.

I'm gonna open any Ret. stuff I get, bad art and no FC just means I can go directly to the trash with the packaging.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com

Toothpic_Vic

Enlisted
Mar 8, 2012
Sky Commanders:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_Commanders
http://www.virtualtoychest.com/skycommanders/skycommanders.html

I loved ziplines as a kid, and thought a whole toyline that centered on them was nothing short of awesome. :)
Thank you for that! They said a second series which never happened implemented a brake mechanism which prevented your toys from slamming into the wall. How cool would that have been?

Back on topic....I'm probably one of the few that like the Retaliation carded pics.
It's bright and it's eye catching. I wonder what 35th anniversary would look like.

Homer

Μολών λαβέ
Sep 2, 2011
Coastal North Carolina

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011

SS

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Really? Why can't they just use a ring with a t-handle?

What do I care, I'm not buying any shitty SS figure anyhow.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
While I think that the kid in me would have loved a working zipline back in the day (that Tomax/Xamot accessroy barely counted), the one with Storm Shadow here does look a bit cumbersome and... overly complicated. It almost looks like it's supposed to double as some rocket launching compound bow.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
Nyaaaanghhh, Snake Eyes! I like! Zip lines seems to be the theme with Retaliation. Wasn't there an 80s or 90s toy that had that gimmick? I remember it was cool. Forgot what it was called. It was smaller than 1:18th scale, closer to M.A.S.K scale.

.. Air Raiders?

EDIT: Oh no wait. It was Sky Commanders

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Those arms, torso, and head will get a lot of use. Maybe even upper legs. But without ankle or double knee articulation, that shit's getting swapped out along with the hands.

A shame, really. The film is looking to be tons better than ROC. Sucks that all the figures are getting dumbed down to the failure of the first film, which had some decent figures.

Toothpic_Vic

Enlisted
Mar 8, 2012
.. Air Raiders?

EDIT: Oh no wait. It was Sky Commanders

Somebody earlier also mentioned
Starcom. These lines need a reboot. Air Raiders with that Dune theme going on. Toys with magnetic boots. Just bring it all back in 1:18th scale!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Probably "Slice" that bastard. Nice olive base with some tiger stripes or something to that end.

Toothpic_Vic

Enlisted
Mar 8, 2012
So the Retaliation ninjas are repainted Renegades Storm Shadow. I guess I'm ok with that. 50$ on ebay for Renegade SS is beyond WTF.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Interesting!

Is that Short-Fuze? That Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow are so dated, but still kind of cool. I'd maybe get them just for the gimmick.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gonna hoard those Cobra Officers.

Short Fuze is pretty lazy, if that is who that is. Dusty head on a Zap body. Right down to the same web gear.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
They look more like customs rather than something that would come from Hasbro. If these get released I would most likely grab that Shippy, Short Fuze and The Black Cobra Officers.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I forgot to mention the Shippy. I have all the Shipwrecks I want, but that's one that's highly requested. It'd be nice to get him, just to have, too. I like the entire lot better than 90% of the shit from the Retaliation line.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
They look more like customs rather than something that would come from Hasbro. If these get released I would most likely grab that Shippy,
Ditto everything here. I thought they were customs when I first saw them. Still think they could be. But I would totally buy that shipwreck.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
According to the back of the card Zapsty is actually Duke.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
I'd buy them all, too much nostalgia for me to refuse the Ninja force Stormshadow or the Battlecorps Snake-Eyes (or whatever he was called).

Minimalistic packaging too, they've done this sort of thing during the Spy troops and Venom vs Valor days, cheaper single carded figures. I approve.

Now gimmie.