Retaliation Carded Pics

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Oh snap! Variants of the Dollar Store figs and KWINN!

http://www.joedeclassified.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=498

Last edited:

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
So Duke is in Breaker colors, and the Cobra Trooper looks like shit.

The ninjas are shit too.

I like the colors on Shipwreck though.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
A little custom paint on the Blue trooper and blamo, works for me.

Sheeeeeyt, just send them to me now Hasbro. I have a secret love for gaudy coloured Joe figures.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
WTH!??!

So are Green Shipwreck, OD Green Short Fuze and Green Snake Eyes coming to the Dollar Store with the Black Uniform Cobra Officer?

Please say yes!

red4

Enlisted
Feb 25, 2012
You know what? Fuck you all, whoever has the figures already. I'm jealous and bitter about it. I've had it up to here with photos of the new toys. FUCK those photos! I want the toys in my HAND.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Oh those Dukes are going to be just perfect! Stealer, Breaker, Clutch, Shock-wave, and an assortment of others have been needing new bodies that will be easy to kit-bash and even customize.

You know what? Fuck you all, whoever has the figures already. I'm jealous and bitter about it. I've had it up to here with photos of the new toys. FUCK those photos! I want the toys in my HAND.

I felt the same god damn way when everyone else in the fandom had battalions worth of Shock Troopers and Alley Vipers back during POC.

red4

Enlisted
Feb 25, 2012
Oh those Dukes are going to be just perfect! Stealer, Breaker, Clutch, Shock-wave, and an assortment of others have been needing new bodies that will be easy to kit-bash and even customize.

I felt the same god damn way when everyone else in the fandom had battalions worth of Shock Troopers and Alley Vipers back during POC.

I managed to land 2 POC Cobra Commanders. Both from in-person store visits.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011

For some reason, I have this vision of lasers shooting out of your eyes when you typed that!!!

:calvin::hobbes:

Last edited:

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
For some reason, I have this vision of lasers shooting out of your eyes when you typed that!!!

:calvin::hobbes:

Can you blame me?! It's a terrible fucking feeling when you see assholes showing off a collection of a dozen shock troopers, and yet they aren't in the stores anywhere because of shitty distribution and the only way to get one is to spend twenty bucks plus shipping on the Internets. Thankfully I managed to scrap up at least three Shock Troopers over the course of a year at retail price.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Both Shipwrecks are awesome, as are both Dukes. The all-black Cobra Officer is awesome, as is the '91 Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, but both CCs, the alternate SS and SE are pretty bad.

The blue Cobra Trooper needs a LOT of paint apps. That one may be the best mold with the worst paint apps. I guess someone could swap and paint parts with the black one to make a half-decent POC officer. I just dislike the big officer crest on the helmet. It's awkwardly shaped, and it's just painted on, which looks meh.

Regardless, I'm more excited for these than the Retaliation figs, still.

And yes! Kwinn!

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Also, I just realized that GIJCC Footloose's arms are not "brand new". They're pre-toolings of Kwinn's arms. Check 'em out. Even have the same wrist articulation.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
at this point I don't even give a damn what they do with Kwinn. I never knew who the bastard was to begin with. I'd say Hasbro should just release him already so fans will stop bitching, but I find that to be impossible goal.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I like the web gear Snake Eyes comes with. Is it just me, or does everyone on this site seem to enjoy the Dollar General figures more than the Retaliation line itself? It just seems like were genuinely more excited about these.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I like the web gear Snake Eyes comes with. Is it just me, or does everyone on this site seem to enjoy the Dollar General figures more than the Retaliation line itself? It just seems like were genuinely more excited about these.

It's not just you. I'm reading a lot of positive about these figures...even being the simple repaints they are.

Sometimes a simple repaint is what gets the job done.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Simple repaints ( a couple of ARAH designs), no articulation tomfoolery. Should be plentiful and fairly cheap as compared to the movie line prices.

I don't think it's that these are so out-of-the-ballpark as much as the initial Retaliation line up is just SO disappointing.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I've never had the hate for repaints that some seem to - some of my favorite figures are repaints.

I don't think it's that these are so out-of-the-ballpark as much as the initial Retaliation line up is just SO disappointing.

Yeah, I think that nails it. I know I was hoping for figures that looked closer to the characters we were actually seeing in the film.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, most of the early stuff is just repainted frankenjoes. For a movie line that isn't gonna cut it.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Oh! but K-Tiger, they made new tooling for the Vehicle drivers! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

red4

Enlisted
Feb 25, 2012
Will the dollar store Joes hit shelves before or after the Retaliation line starts?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Such great sculpts ruined by disco era articulation.

red, no one knows. We don't even have a concrete retail location.

Byrnes

Ghetto Fabulous
Feb 29, 2012

They're fun and simple the way a toy should be.

red4

Enlisted
Feb 25, 2012
It just seems like were genuinely more excited about these.

When you compare the quality of the toys with the assumed price range, it's something to get excited about. While I am excited about some of the Retaliation toys because they contain new parts (I'm only a kitbasher, not really a Joe fan), the dollar store toys are simply more bang for the buck.

Byrnes

Ghetto Fabulous
Feb 29, 2012
When you compare the quality of the toys with the assumed price range, it's something to get excited about. While I am excited about some of the Retaliation toys because they contain new parts (I'm only a kitbasher, not really a Joe fan), the dollar store toys are simply more bang for the buck.

Yep, Army builders and customizers are drooling for these.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
OD Shipwreck is gonna be my go-to customizing buck.

Gonna raid a few Snake Eyes for the LCE.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
That new Shippy and SE combined will be awesome!...by that I mean stealing SEs gear and slapping it on Ship...

But man, between the new Dukes and the green Ship, you could make a pretty sweet O13...

Kwinns not set for retail, correct?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
As far as I know Kwinn is still without a release outlet.

I agree with that Shipwreck/SE gear combo. I'll be adding one of Falcone's M14s to it.