Footloose is coming!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Got that right!

Sure I can't send you something for your time, though?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Alrighty.

I'll dedicate my unnamed tigerstripe Lady Jaye to you when I get around to posting it up. :p

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
if you signed up for the membership? $44

NOW, eBay will be your best option and expect $75+

not worth it. I'll just by a an FOV figure at target for five bucks OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

IceWolf

Enlisted
Feb 29, 2012
Got my Footloose today. Its an awesome fig. One tiny complaint. I know club figs are bagged/loose but seriously you think for $40 we would get them carded. I mean in all honesty where does our $40 go? That dinky magazine and the club itself is NOT worth $40. Speaking of carded anyone know when those go on sale?

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Got my Footloose today. Its an awesome fig. One tiny complaint. I know club figs are bagged/loose but seriously you think for $40 we would get them carded. I mean in all honesty where does our $40 go? That dinky magazine and the club itself is NOT worth $40. Speaking of carded anyone know when those go on sale?

Truth^^

fucking bullshit that he's not carded and that "magazine" is toilet paper worthy

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Ordered two, one arrived today. And of course, it wasn't "mine", it was my girlfriend's (the one I bought in her name). Go figure, I just laughed at it. Card, bent to shit. Sigh. Eddie, that one's yours, man. ;)

The 1:18th scale weed stash just went to shit, too:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Nice shot Rex!

I don't remember Zook's helmet being brown... u paint it?

Yup, painted it. He was too matchy-matchy with it, and it looked more like his Sunbow version. I liked the green pants better, though, so I left them alone. I also painted the inner-thigh joints on Alpine.

I'm going to add a knife sheath to Footloose probably, and as you can tell I already ditched his rifle and that silly knife (it'll go in the bag with the FC) and replaced his rifle with the one from the comic pack Duke (Redstar/Duke 2-pack). The flashlight is in the backpack along with the pistol, and I attached his bazooka to the backpack using the straps. I'll try and take some pics this weekend for a proper review for the front page.

Footloose is pretty damn awesome. While I'm not 100% in love with the head sculpt likeness, it's a great sculpt nonetheless. It also looks different enough from Claymore if you ask me. I don't mind the ginger hair color, the original was a sort of auburn anyways. The webgear fits slightly odd, but I think with some stretch/hot water, it may work fine. Paint apps are amazing!

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
You need to paint Bazooka's helmet tan!
My original Footloose's hair color is brown. :confused:

His... helmet... is... tan? It's a light brown. Looks about as close to the Sunbow brown/tan as possible.

I guess his hair color varies depending on the age or lighting of the shot. I had one years ago but couldn't remember what the vintage one looked like. I could've sworn I've seen some lighter brown/auburn colors, but I could be mistaken.

Regardless, I think it looks fine.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Card, bent to shit. Sigh. Eddie, that one's yours, man. ;)

beggers can't be choosers :D

Footloose is pretty damn awesome. While I'm not 100% in love with the head sculpt likeness, it's a great sculpt nonetheless. It also looks different enough from Claymore if you ask me. I don't mind the ginger hair color, the original was a sort of auburn anyways...

the head has always been my biggest issue with him...i just think it looks too derpy, and maybe a bit oversized...it has more of a crotchety old man look than a easy going hippie/stoner look IMO...

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
the head has always been my biggest issue with him...i just think it looks too derpy, and maybe a bit oversized...it has more of a crotchety old man look than a easy going hippie/stoner look IMO...

I agree the head sculpt isn't perfect, but given the alternatives.... Maybe BA/SDS/Spoon will come up with a better alternative. Now that you mention it, he does look old. I would bet that it was sculpted by the same designer that made the Mainframe and Red Star heads. Both of those look unusually old as well.

But overall, it's still a sweet figure. Anyone that doesn't have one has a giant "L" on their forehead :p

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden
Ordered two, one arrived today. And of course, it wasn't "mine", it was my girlfriend's (the one I bought in her name). Go figure, I just laughed at it. Card, bent to shit. Sigh. Eddie, that one's yours, man. ;)

The 1:18th scale weed stash just went to shit, too:

ok the weed stash went to shit, but is that a 1:1 scale bong in the back?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
...I would bet that it was sculpted by the same designer that made the Mainframe and Red Star heads. Both of those look unusually old as well.

I suspect that you're right...especially on RS...he's got that same droopy look going on...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
It does look like a Bong lol
it seems to have water in it too

Haha, I wish. It's actually a blown glass thing my girl has (insert joke here). She's got a bunch of things like that around the house. They're just vases/decorative, though. I'm sure with a drill you could make them functional... :D

But it is why I took a pic in front of it, though. ;)

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I suspect that you're right...especially on RS...he's got that same droopy look going on...

Although to give them credit, nostalgia aside, I don't exactly want my infantry trooper looking like a stoner.

The idea that a pothead could get accepted into an elite military unit always rubbed me the wrong way. Even as a kid, I always disliked the way he and Bazooka were portrayed on the cartoon. 'Zook was written like a retarded seven-year-old, and Footloose was a reject from Bill & Ted's big adventure. Guys like that would bug the shit out of characters like Duke and Flint. I would expect that both would have been "accidentally" taken out by friendly fire.

I know as a kid, Bazooka and FL were often the first to die in the many epic battles on my bedroom floor. My intolerance of stupidity was on full display at even a young age.

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden
Haha, I wish. It's actually a blown glass thing my girl has (insert joke here). She's got a bunch of things like that around the house. They're just vases/decorative, though. I'm sure with a drill you could make them functional... :D

But it is why I took a pic in front of it, though. ;)

so, i do believe we have a toker here.. just got nothing to toke out of , since he wishes...

me and you could be real good friends, i got a bowl if you got the trees..

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Although to give them credit, nostalgia aside, I don't exactly want my infantry trooper looking like a stoner.

The idea that a pothead could get accepted into an elite military unit always rubbed me the wrong way. Even as a kid, I always disliked the way he and Bazooka were portrayed on the cartoon. 'Zook was written like a retarded seven-year-old, and Footloose was a reject from Bill & Ted's big adventure. Guys like that would bug the shit out of characters like Duke and Flint. I would expect that both would have been "accidentally" taken out by friendly fire.

I know as a kid, Bazooka and FL were often the first to die in the many epic battles on my bedroom floor. My intolerance of stupidity was on full display at even a young age.

For some reason, that only bugged me as an adult. As a kid, I was much more easy-going about it. Although I fucking hated Metal-Head from the DIC cartoon. Bazooka and Alpine were two of my favorite Joes, and then Footloose by extension was their hangout buddy. I guess I just didn't realize how fucking stupid Zook was until I watched it as an adult again. Guy went full-retard.

Footloose, I am kind of okay with him being sort of a pothead. How many Vietnam soldiers were total stoners by the end of the war?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
BTW, I got my #2 Footloose in. Looks like Eddie's getting his after all! (With the bent-ass filecard! ooooooh!) ;)

I need to get pics taken and finish writing the review for the site. Anybody have any pics they want to request to show? I'm doing the typical front/side/right/left shots and with/without accessories, and also some in a jungle setting. I'll also post pics with Sarge, Claymore, and the TRU Footloose if I can find the parts for that figure (I parted mine out for customs, so he may not be 100% intact anymore).

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
BTW, I got my #2 Footloose in. Looks like Eddie's getting his after all! (With the bent-ass filecard! ooooooh!) ;)

I need to get pics taken and finish writing the review for the site. Anybody have any pics they want to request to show? I'm doing the typical front/side/right/left shots and with/without accessories, and also some in a jungle setting. I'll also post pics with Sarge, Claymore, and the TRU Footloose if I can find the parts for that figure (I parted mine out for customs, so he may not be 100% intact anymore).

With original Footloose?

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Sure as hell not a brick. These hippies out here would laugh if they saw something like that. Footloose and Bazooka would shit themselves after one brownie.