Retaliation Carded Pics

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Meh. I think this crap will be all over the regular stores, at least the first 2 waves. Waves 3-4-on, I'll get via BBTS, definitely. I'll skip online pricing on this for the time being, since I'm not very stoked for many of these guys as it is.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
yea I won't go the online route until I see how wave 1 and 2 does in stores. Like Rex said, wave 3 and 4 are going to be the ones to worry about. I'm going to probably get that amazon pack so that will take care of most of wave 1 for me anyway.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Those t-crotch vehicle drivers look like they should be PTE figures. While I expect the actual film to be exponentially better than the first, they're really cheaping out on these toys. Hasbro should be ashamed to put their name on that shit.

Heh, it's saying something that the PTE figures have more articulation than these drivers.

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden
i saw the water moccason on ebay the other day, and yahoos are spending up close to a 100 bucks.. why??? the thing will be here in a few weeks for 14.99. fucking idiots, man, fucking idiots, i sure hope i'm not friends with any of them buyers..

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Whatchu talkin'bout, Duke?

Looks like an HTer in Ft. Wayne, Indiana has spotted these turds. 26 more days t'il S.D.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I got a call from a friend yesterday afternoon that a local Target was showing 2 cases (48 figures) in stock yesterday afternoon. He called to verify and the sales associate said that they did have 48 in stock and that 24 were showing up as on the floor and the other 24 were in the back. So, we both head over there to find none of them on the pegs. He asked an associate if they could plug in the DCPI# and see if they were in stock. The associate said they were in the back and that they could get them. After a few minutes they came back and said that they couldn't sell them yet... They have a street date of 5/28, and if they sell them before then, they can get fined by Hasbro and that store could lose the privilege of selling street date releases as far as Hasbro is concerned.

Now, I understand the whole "street date" thing as I used to work retail and it was the same with books, movies and cd's. However, what I don't get is how Meijer's is able to sell them over a month before other stores and yet don't get penalized by Hasbro. Street dates were always across the board, as in all stores were able to put them on the shelves the same day. Maybe Meijer's paid for the privilege. I don't know, but I figured I might save someone from going out of their way to try and get the figs before 5/28 at Target. Unless, you happen to come across one that breaks the street date due to ignorance.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's a stocker not giving a shit. Street dates are clearly marked on cases, so if they get out it's because someone is too fucking stupid to read.

Anyway, it's 12 days to street date, and I'm in no big rush. They'll be available. As for Meijers and fines, it's a relatively small regional retailer who probably moves a fraction of the product Target or Walmart does.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
As I understand it, there's a threshold for breaking street date, too - one sale isn't going to get them fined, but 100 probably will.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well we can reasonably deduce that it was only a few stores that broke street date.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
so what was the street date suppose to be on the DG figures? did those stores break it too?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
There is no date for the DG figures. It's looking like not all DGs will have them, even in the same town.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
There is no date for the DG figures. It's looking like not all DGs will have them, even in the same town.

ah, ok.

On a Retaliation note, I think that Flint figure could work as a simple LT. Falcon kit-bash or custom. A good head swap (and maybe an arm swap too) and I think it could pass the part.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Lot of work to use anything other than the head and beret of that shitty figure.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I'm thinking the beret and Web-gear should suffice. Apparently he will be coming with that POC Jungle Duke/30th Sgt. Stalker web-gear which does improve the figure by a little bit. However he also has a more movie accurate, actor head rather than the Lt. Falcon-ish head we saw at toy-fair this year.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Hasbro is so ass backwards in their marketing and sales decisions! The Dollar General figures should be the ones with single cut knees and no ankle articulation, NOT THE MAIN PREMIUM LINE! Wtf?!

Hasbro expects to make most of it's money off of movie promoted toys, and yet they make them of lesser quality than the Dollar General Joes. Please tell me I'm not the only one thinks they are retarded?

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
It just seems like that can't get anything right.

RoC: Horrible awful movie and adaption of Joe, however a pretty decent toy line that was avoided by angry fanboys, lack of interest from new fans cuz the movie sucked and way too much saturation of early waves.

PoC: recovery from the RoC debacle, lack of distribution and advertising.

Renegades: Great Toon with no support whatsoever, no toys, no advertising, killed before it was even done airing...

30th: Weak wave 1 and 2 lineup, horrible distribution on great figures

Retaliation: Much better movie, happy medium with the fan base and new potential fans by bringing in the Rock and Bruce and using familiar recognizable people like Storm Shadow and CC. They follow this up with a horrible toy line that has the articulation of 1978 and the color scheme of 1993.

They just can't get it right.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
It just seems like that can't get anything right.

RoC: Horrible awful movie and adaption of Joe, however a pretty decent toy line that was avoided by angry fanboys, lack of interest from new fans cuz the movie sucked and way too much saturation of early waves.

PoC: recovery from the RoC debacle, lack of distribution and advertising.

Renegades: Great Toon with no support whatsoever, no toys, no advertising, killed before it was even done airing...

30th: Weak wave 1 and 2 lineup, horrible distribution on great figures

Retaliation: Much better movie, happy medium with the fan base and new potential fans by bringing in the Rock and Bruce and using familiar recognizable people like Storm Shadow and CC. They follow this up with a horrible toy line that has the articulation of 1978 and the color scheme of 1993.

They just can't get it right.

At least were getting the Crimson Guard and Night Viper at the end, and don't jinx it. They have to come out else everyone will cry.

Plus after Wave 1 most have the double knees and ankles. Plenty of that Ninja mold with the Red Ninja and Black PJ Ninja. RZA as the Blind Master.

Bruce Willis in 1/18, Firefly with a Ray Stevenson head sculpt as well as mask and that Lady-Jaye figure, though only a new head on the body of the Renegades Scarlett. Her head sculpt is to die for.

So all is not lost, though the Vehicle drivers are.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Kwinn!

In a wave scheduled for Spring 2013. A wave we'll never see.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
ugh, I'm about ready to give up on GI Joe stuff for a little while. First I had to give up WWII (and cold war era) stuff because that industry flat out died (thanks 21st). Then I had to pretty much give up on realistic modern stuff because it's too pricey, rare, and that niche market is on life support (practically is dead with the exception of occasional Unimax figures in Target). The Star Wars stuff turned into a lame cartoon long before I had even realized it and became unappealing the instance I noticed how badly raped it was, and now Hasbro just can't seem to get the right stuff in the right retailers for the right price when it comes to GI Joe. I don't want to proclaim "death of a line" or anything, but this shit costs time, money, and senseless worry.

It's probably about time I sell some of the old shit I don't want anymore and just enjoy the good stuff I've been lucky enough to find so far.

Is the 1/6th market still dead?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
ugh, I'm about ready to give up on GI Joe stuff for a little while. First I had to give up WWII (and cold war era) stuff because that industry flat out died (thanks 21st). Then I had to pretty much give up on realistic modern stuff because it's too pricey, rare, and that niche market is on life support (practically is dead with the exception of occasional Unimax figures in Target). The Star Wars stuff turned into a lame cartoon long before I had even realized it and became unappealing the instance I noticed how badly raped it was, and now Hasbro just can't seem to get the right stuff in the right retailers for the right price when it comes to GI Joe. I don't want to proclaim "death of a line" or anything, but this shit costs time, money, and senseless worry.

It's probably about time I sell some of the old shit I don't want anymore and just enjoy the good stuff I've been lucky enough to find so far.

Is the 1/6th market still dead?

Star Wars has a non-cartoon line, unless you're referring to "realistic" sculpts of cartoon characters beeing your beef.

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
Hasbro. If you know what the fans want. Make more figures similar to PoC. That line produced some of the most badass figures of this era. Plus, it will always be my favorite Joe line.