GI Joe General Discussion

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
In case you haven’t received the email, 3D Joes is auctioning off a number of original Joe art artifacts on eBay.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, definitely above anything I could consider. I wasn’t sure where you came down on investment worthiness for items like that.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Yeah, definitely above anything I could consider. I wasn’t sure where you came down on investment worthiness for items like that.
Well, if it was original comic book art, I'm knowledgeable of that market and what stuff brings, what I can invest and expectations of retaining value or grow, etc. I can play that game.

But when it comes to package art, I have no clue what to expect things to bring, what the market value is, how it retains value, etc. If it was the original "To the Rescue" painting or something THAT iconic, I might take a chance, but vintage photos/negatives of art... I couldn't even hazard a guess. Does it even have value at all? Clearly he thinks so, and I'm sure from some esoteric historical perspective that's true, but what if I saw the originals and took my own pics? Are they suddenly valuable? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: ThunderDan19

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Apparently 3D Joes is auctioning off more stuff - MOC vintage stuff + this time - to raise funds. Anybody looking to fill out a vintage collection might want to check out the auctions here: gijoe_arah on eBay

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I saw that. He's selling a ton of great stuff.

Alas, I'm not in that market anymore. I've built a massive MOC collection and sold it off... and I doubt I have the funds or patience to do it again. I still have a ton of MIB vintage vehicles and a full collection of the Japanese Joes, but I'm determined to cap the vintage stuff there. Or am I? :unsure: Willpower!!!

• Haha
Reactions: ThunderDan19