M-114 Up Armored Tacticle Vehicle Turret

saltymarine

Enlisted
Aug 22, 2011
Volatile Organic Compounds.

^
This, it's the solvents in rattle cans, if you read the instructions it says cures in 7 days, it's best to let it cure at least 5 if your doing camo paint, or masking of any kind to avoid lifting of paint, if you smell the parts after a day or two you can still smell the paint, after 6 days you won't smell solvents anymore. I've never used latex paint on models or customs before, I wouldn't have thought it durable enough.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
The Majority of you have your kits by now.

I think the last 3-4 orders have yet to be filled .

How are you guys liking your kits ?

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Here is one of my full builds done . It took about 30hrs but I think it came out pretty good looking.

I used Home Depot paint cut with Windex in my airbrush working with about 30 lbs of pressure.

When spraying it was fine but as soon as I stopped the tip would get clogged . So UI would screw the nozzel all the way closed and used a Q tip moisted with alcohol to rub off the dry nib.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Thanks guys it meens a lot.

There are a few build notes that could help in construction .

If you are going to paint the push bumper the different colors paint before assembly .

I screwed up on the paint master smoke discharger location. Look at the picks do you see the little step up on the front of them ? The mounting plates should move forward so that the step is even with the frame.

The rear plates should move back as well . You may have to clip the AC louver a bit to accommodate the plate.

As it is rigged now the turret does not rotate freely with out having to move the shield to get by the smokeies.

I used a water bottle cap ( highly customized ) as a paint template for the tire rim.

Use the GOLD CA glue to glue in the windows and tint . DO NOT USE KICKER IT WILL FROST THE WINDOWS !!!

Scrape off the glue on a join or the part may fall off.

I painted the inside of the window armor black because there is a lot going on inside and by painting it black hides details that you do not want to see.

That is about it do not hesitate to ask any questions as you build this rig.

It was a lot of work but I think totally worth it in the end.

Daremo did a fantastic job on the casting so clean up work and pin holes were almost a non issue.

One more full build and hopefully I will able to make one for myself !!

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Here you go guys the last 2 HUMVEE builds apprx 30 hours each .

For the money I charged it was a bargain.

So the HUMVEE build is pretty much a wrap.

Here is a shot with the new front grill . It looks a lot better than the stock grill !!

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
2 more full builds but this time not factory fresh. I made them look like threy just came off of a scouting party.My consigner said that the HUMVEE looked more grundgy than dirty so I reworked the weathering and it is more dirty now.

BTW he wanted 2 of them. Now they are done . After this weekend I hope to spend 100% of my time on the Hind.

I do need to make one more full build but the consigner wants a full built Hind as well so he is willing to wait a little longer .

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Picked what paint did you use to match the color of the humvee? Or did you repaint everything?