Marauder Inc. General Thread

HUNMARINE

Enlisted
Feb 6, 2014
Hungary
The yellow text just means that if you ordered 10 figures in the KS, your store credit will get you at least 10 figures worth of products in the store. It just might not be the products you wanted because they can't say if/when those items will be released.

Hmm...Thank you for clearing it out for me!
Maybe its just me...but...I just cant imagine MTF as good guys. Sorry I know its frustrating and tiring a bit...and probably its great if I"m wrong - than I know everybody else are right and there is a reason to be happy about it. Strange logic - I know... :D
Anyway.....its sounds pretty good that you can get the amount of figs you "expected"....but...if you get just the prices...the basic figure they produce are 11.99 USD....Even if they get a bunch on accessories with it,,,,Why do I still feel like even if you get something - its more than obvious you will be overpaying and you will probably stay in "-" rather than "+"?
Enough of calculations ....I just sit back and will wait it out....Even if I"m gonna be right (even if not) - probably most of the fans wont care.

Wow Nacho....you have a plenty lines going on. ITs gonna be reallly hard to slow down :D
I just share how I could minimize my "addiction" - pretty simple: I just raised my expectations. Many figs and lines become uninterested, because they cant meet my priorities.....some dont have the right articulation....or not meet the colors or version I want to....Higher your standarts - less company can meet them.

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
I"ve been very brave :D...and posted this right in the MTF fan group on facebook.
It lasted nearly 2 hours and was deleted without a track....So I just want to leave it here just for a reason,
a reason to show people when it was mentioned and see how it turned out in the end.
If you find it wrong, or its against any rules - youre welcome to delete it. Honestly, I really want to know your opinion and what exactly you think about it.

I just did the math:

According to the CPI Inflation Calculator:
In 2021 you had - 100 USD
In 2024 those money value are only - 84 USD.
16% inflation in 3 years period.

According to the same calculator this years inflation is 2,89% (and its is only Sept 1), but lets stay positive and say that these 3% dont change until january 2025.
It means that 01.01.2025 - your 100 USD from 2021 will cost only: 81 USD - 19% drop.

So MTF gives you 125% for your 100 USD. Lets do the math:

125% - 100% and - 19% = you still in +6%
In 100 USD the 6% is = 6 USD
(Yes I did the math with 19%, cause I"m not so sure we will see ALL the kickstarter stuff until 2025)
So it means your 81 USD and the + 6 USD = 87 USD in total.

87 USD - 100 USD = and you at -13 USD in total.

Now...you have your 87 dollars ...The kickstarter stuff wont show up in one time. It will show up in different times with different stuff from the stretch goals...so...the inflation rate wont wait for you and still increase and your money still decrease . And it was mentioned that all the new stuff will have "slightly price increase". How much - we dont now, but I"m more than sure that you guys want to buy multiple and it means each item will go for the increased price.
And maybe the worst thing of them all - while in kickstarter you had a guarantee of getting all the stuff you wanted - but from the webstore - you will have to fight for the stuff you need or want, or you just stay with nothing. (as it was so many times with the geared up figures)

P.S.:
I just did the math for 175% too...its says for "early mayhem". 30 items for 419 USD. ("All in" the 1st)
Your 419 USD with 19% inflation is = 337 USD today.
As I did above: 175% - 100% - 19%= +56%
56% of 419 USD = +234,64 USD this is what you going to get according to the numbers.

While everybody thinks its good, but the situation is much worse:
419 USD / 30 items = roughly 14 USD for an item. (as I know items in kickstarter - is a fully geared up figure) That was the deal, if you paid more back then.
Todays price for a fully geared WW2 soldier (I use them as base example of price) - is 29,99 USD (and according to MTF the Vietnam figures will increase in price)
Even with todays price: 30 items * 29,99 USD = 899,7 USD
Your 337 USD + 56% of 419 USD ( is +234,64 USD) = 571,64 USD (this what you get in total)

571,64 USD - 899,7 USD = You are at -328,06 USD for the same 30 items you were paying in 2021. And this sum will increase due to new prices.

And these 125%, 175% and 200% - you will get only as a store credit, which means you will have to use them on the store products only.
So it means neither you choose the A nor the B - you are at money loss, and those big numbers of % is just part of the show, but lets stay on the positive side of things: at least we getting something back.

P.S. n2: (just because I"m angry about all of this):
We pledged altogether: 512 596 USD - 3 years ago. (on the kickstarter page - you can check it)
The kickstarter takes 10%.
512 596 - 10% (which is 51 259,6) = 461 336,4 USD in total.
If you just put this amount in for ex: 4% / year (I took an average) investment - its rough 18.5 grand a year.
In 3 years = 55 360,37 USD to be accurate.
(461 336,4 + 55 360,37 ) - 512 596 = we have 4 100,77 USD as profit just for nothing in MTFs pocket.

I"m more than sure they used different sum of money to start the project, and the collected money was just saved as a backup for situation like we have now. So its reasonable to put the money in for % and not just hold it as it is.

Thank you for lookin through all the numbers, I would much appreciate if you check them and tell me if its wrong or not.

Cheers! =)
The main math formula you have to use is pretty dang simple…Elect democrats like Joe Biden and watch your money go into a nosedive 😂 Personally I’m not that upset with MTF, I buy from them on a constant basis and they always deliver, and their products are top notch. I was disappointed with the latest news but decided to take the store credit with the 25 percent bump and just let it sit until the Vietnam figures finally come out (fingers crossed) that way I’ll have the main chunk of money in place to get what I want. I’ve got faith that they’ll get it done, and it’ll be awesome and unicorns will eat daisies and poop butterflies 🦋

HUNMARINE

Enlisted
Feb 6, 2014
Hungary
The main math formula you have to use is pretty dang simple…Elect democrats like Joe Biden and watch your money go into a nosedive 😂 Personally I’m not that upset with MTF, I buy from them on a constant basis and they always deliver, and their products are top notch. I was disappointed with the latest news but decided to take the store credit with the 25 percent bump and just let it sit until the Vietnam figures finally come out (fingers crossed) that way I’ll have the main chunk of money in place to get what I want. I’ve got faith that they’ll get it done, and it’ll be awesome and unicorns will eat daisies and poop butterflies 🦋

Thank you, I take it as a compliment :giggle:
IF you know "Its Chad" youtube channel - he has his facebook group. He posted a video about this topic and than a much complicated calculations about the prices....I"ve tried to be as simple as I could. Even though my numbers wasn"t correct. Nacho was a gentelmen and corrected me. (I calculated the "-19%" twice on each equation, still the numbers arent so good)

I know, that you dont see me to much. Still I like to come back to this forum and read on news and your opinions about different topics. Its so nice to have a talk with you guys. Even if we have different opinions and stay on opposite side of the topics, we can have a respectful and nice conversation. Its such a nice thing....really :giggle:

Honestly I dont have any money in this KS. Since MTF closed the EU/UK orders, I did not have a chance to pledge.
Still I was interested in it, cause the least what I wanted - the tiger force Green Beret, so I could finally have a nice and pretty Falcon custom in my G.I.Joe ranks.
Of course you can say - its my negative position towards MTF that lead me to do the math. Maybe...but it drove me crazy just to see in the MTF facebook page that people was so positive and happy about the whole thing. They started a topic about how they can help and how to cheer up others so the KS can be done....than another...and another....
I dont belive in pretty commercial numbers...I know what direct marketing is...so....I did my math to have a chance to see behind them. Even if I wish you that your "dreams come true" about the figures...I still dont belive to the MTF words. I still think that something isnt quite right about all of this......
Somehow I even have a feeling that stuff will pop up....not much...but just to make people "believe"...at Christmas or New Year holidays I suppose. Than we"ll see a bit more thx to the new prices.