PoC News - 2011!

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Yeah, I bought mine even though he was meh, mainly because of the partial tribute to the Night Viper of old...

yep, me too...i found him and thought, do i really want him?...like you said, "meh", but i caved and picked one up for the exact same reason as you, potentially the closest thing we'll get to a NV

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I bought 2 of them Santa Destros. One to customize and one just for the friggen goggles.

So now you guys are telling me I should try checking Wally Mart's again?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
According to that other board Wave 6 has hit retail in Cauliforneeuh.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah, I just got my BBTS process notification. I'll probably wait on the other wave processing before I ship my POL, though. Although I am aching for something "new".

I'll be on the lookout if I swing by Target, but I'm not busting my balls to track anything down.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I'll build my Steel Brigade troops from what I can find in-store. Same with the Cobra troopers. The BBTS troop-builder prices are simply prohibitive. I love the new one, but I also was absolutely fine with the old one, too. I've bought every blue shirt with the black mask that I've seen (and some of those silly red-masked ones... Tamiya black and clear coat does wonders in making them consistent!). The new one is an improvement, but will still fit in just fine with the old ones. Not like it'll make them obsolete.

I've always wanted an army of blueshirts, so here's my childhood wish fulfilled as a man-child.

I'll get maybe 3-5 Steel Brigades if I can find them. Same with the Rock-Viper, although I'm hoping that Slayer makes a head for that guy. The new one looks fine, but I'm an ARAH fanatic. I want to make a few, one with the 'stached head, and the rest without a stache. I'll buy whatever I can find of the blueshirt, but the Viper is alright. I probably won't troop build him, or that B.A.T.

I love the B.A.T., and it's one of my favorite 25th figures... but dammit, enough is enough. I'm getting one because I got the full case set, but otherwise, I wouldn't even want it.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
i do love that about the new troopers and Vipers, they'll still look good with their old counterparts AND the new PoC stuff...if i see any i'll snag them all, if not, no biggie...same goes for the Rock Viper...i havent pre-ordered any...if i see him i'll get one...if not, again, no biggie...he needs the head off that RoC glider Ace...

that BAT can suck a big fat cock

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Well I broke down and ordered some 2011 PoC... but not the Crazy-legs, fuck that guy.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think a Night Force repaint of him will ease the pain of the winter legs.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
The biggest issue I have with CL is his feet. They're fucking clown shoes, man.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Definitely should have used a set of legs that had jump boots.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Have you seen the big-ass feet on the ST? Must be hung like a Clydesdale.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
lower legs… ARAH accurate… gah, drunken head hurt by slavish devotion…. to ARAH…*PASSES OUT*

xhairs

odd man out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
got a Crazy legs yesterday, gonna definately look at replacing the legs, repainting and getting a different helmet

Congrats, man. I rushed my ass home yesterday as fast as possible to hit up a lead from the local sightings thread over at HT, and I was too late. The CL I was hoping to get for my dio was long gone. I should have known better since it took 4 hours from me seeing the post until the end of the day, but I was trying to be optimistic. That'll show me!

Check your PMs, I dunno if you're getting notifications via e-mail for PMs. You have to turn that feature on, it's not defaulted to that.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Of what? Northern Georgia White Lightning? Because a shot of anything legal couldn't fuck up you ability to type that bad. :D

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Hell, I can't even type when I am sober.:D Let alone couple shots and being one or so in the morning.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I got this beautiful box of goodness today.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Right now, I'm at work and haven't had much of a chance to look at them. I was thinking of doing reviews for the site.

I may open Crazy legs now though...

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
...and I did.

In hand, he's not that bad of a figure. Sure, I could think of a dozen other sets of legs he could have had, but I'll do that on my own now.

I'm in the minority when it comes to the alternate Zartan head. I like it. I think it works well here. The card art is what looks stupid.

Hasbro strikes again though. They give him a sidearm, but no holster for it. Irks the shit out of me when they do that. The Firefly gun isn't needed. It's too 'old timey' of a weapon for this line...though they have given their fair share of figures older weapons recently. The other rifle, the one that came with the Pic Commando initially, is just as rubbery now as it was then...if not more. Stupid.

On of the first figures I can remember that has decent, realistic weathering. Eh. I like him. Of course, I'll give him some new legs.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That headsculpt looks like he just found out Santa wasn't real. Guess i'm in the majority thinking it blows.

And the S&W M76 isn't nearly as bad as the MP 40 Stalker came with.

Status
Not open for further replies.