Retaliation Carded Pics

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Wait, are we talking about the same sets? The single card figures mostly suck. I thought that each set of the "Ninja" 3-packs was 2/3 win. The only really suck figure is the Storm Shadow, which I'll probably end up just giving to someone.

The red ninjas (single and 3-pack) come with the silly zip line, and the other set has a giant launcher, but the rest of the gear is pretty awesome. The Joe trooper comes with a huge supply of gear, and that webgear on Snakes and Beachhead is pretty awesome.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
So I snagged 1x of each Retaliation figure I was looking for and was missing today. Hit up 1 TRU and 3 Targets, all killing time while shopping for other stuff with the "missus".

Super pissed that the Joe Trooper uses a modified Shock Trooper torso! Frack! That silly collar is glued on, and it looks like the entire neck is a different style. Underneath the collar though, the neck is pitted out, so if you remove the collar, it will leave a gluey mess and a pitted collar (not the Shockzieziez) collar. Blerg. Why on earth would they have wasted effort modding that mold?

Otherwise, he's a cool figure. I just had other plans for him besides using him as a Joe trooper. Now I gotta rethink my plan. Grr.

Yeah, I just figured that out yesterday as well, about the collar on the Joe Trooper. I'd like to know why they made the collar and neck one piece. Seems like they could have just made the collar a separate piece like the collar on the Steel Brigade Troopers or Resolute Beachhead and Stalker.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
I think Beachhead

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
2 versions of CC. Black and Blue. I saw 4 blacks today and no blues

The trooper also comes with that bright blue cape/helmet/collar and one with the blue parts in tan. I snagged a tan-caped one. He looks much better.

Although the back of the fucking card art shows the collar as removable, which pisses me off. It's glued on as a completely separate piece. But the neck itself is part of the collar mold, I believe. It's like a pitted-out Shock Trooper torso, with a replacement neck/collar glued on.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
If I see a blue one, I'll snag one. I kind of want to chop up one now, and use his gear elsewhere. That blue cape would maybe look cool on a CC? Not sure though.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
No dice at walmart. Either they didn't put them out, some fat ass is scalping them on eBay as I type this or the recall thing is legit.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ooh, those Batman figs. What is it, 3-5 Batmen, and maybe an inaccurate brick of Bane with some lame gimmick?

Essentially, yeah.

Then there's the deluxe figures that come with some dumbass accessory rig and the 6" line, one guess as to which figure WASN'T available.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Naturally. Not that I'm in the market for a 6" Anne Hathaway Catwoman figure.

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
Well the local walmart took all of their GIJOE pegs down. All that was on there was the Renegades Scarlet. But knowing that their are no pegs at all leaves a coldness in my loincloth.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
All my Targets put these out!
The 1 Walmart I went to was already sold out! The other didn't put any out but I found the case in the garden stock area. They wouldn't help me get them. Instead I was told come back tomorrow.
So between 2 Targets...
2 Red Ninja
2 Joe Troopers both tan (maybe blue is at Walmart or TRU?)
black CC
both 3 packs
2 Cobra Troopers
The sad part was the clearance Joes were completely gone. I know they didn't sell them all. I was hoping for some cheap Skystrikers. I wonder if they sold them to Goodwill? Target does that but usually not so quick.

Catwoman?
There is a 3 3/4 inch one in a multipack at Target for $21.99. Her & the Bruce Wayne ninja figure look very nice. You do have to swallow 3 crappy other figures though if you want them.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Did you look on the end caps in the toy section for the Sky Strikers? I know when the Rattlers went to $7 I had to scour the toy section to find them. My Target keeps an area for dregs.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
There is a 3 3/4 inch one in a multipack at Target for $21.99. Her & the Bruce Wayne ninja figure look very nice. You do have to swallow 3 crappy other figures though if you want them.

Are they movie figures?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Apparently BBTS already got up preorders for wave 3, which contained Bruce and Lady Jaye, and they're already sold out. Hah.

Oh well, I only wanted those two figs from that wave. I guess we may see them after all?

Who knows anymore.