Simpsons 5" figures (Jakks Pacific)

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I need a new toy line to collect like a hole in the head, but these JP Simpsons figures are pretty neat. I can see why Super7 didn't put up much fight when Disney took the license away, as their character selection was crazy, and the market was limited at $55 a pop. I'm not sure they could have competed with these in the least, as they aren't like Joe Ultimates that are toon-centric and very distinguished from Classified. This Jp line is just a smaller version with less accessories at a much more affordable price point and mass retail distribution. Super7 was almost doomed from the start with Simpsons.

But cue these 5" figures, no extra heads or hands, usually just one or two accessories... but they're $12. It's hard to pass up the chance to get a sweet base cast plus favorites from the expanded Simpsons world for $12 each. The photography potential alone is worth the price of admission. No, they aren't as expressive as the Ultimates line, but at less than 1/4 the price, I can forgive a lot.

So far, the line includes:

Released:
W1 Includes Bart, Homer, Otto, and Groundskeeper Willie
WM Exclusive (?) Bartman

Announced:
W2 Includes Lisa, Moe, Krusty, and Homer (probably a repack of W1 Homer, not sure)
Deluxes include Radioactive Man, Count Burns (Treehouse of Horrors vampire), Homer as Hulk (w/ green paint)

Hopefully the line gets to Ralph and regular Mr Burns soon, as those are my two favorites. Grandpa and Comic Book Guy are also must-haves eventually.

I should be cutting back on what I collect, not adding new lines, but I'm really down to Classified, Ultimates Joes, and MDLX Transformers these days, so snagging a few cheap simpsons figures for photography purposes isn't all that bad, right? Right?!!?

Reactions: ThunderDan19