Retaliation Carded Pics

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You used Night Adder's hands? Didn't do any mods to the pegs?

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You used Night Adder's hands? Didn't do any mods to the pegs?

Yup, I wrapped the male end with hockey tape, drenched with krazy glue stuffed it in an that's it. Made sure I twisted hand before it dried so it wouldn't freeze in place.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ah, thought so. If I had another set of NA hands I might try to mate them up with a set of swivels, but as it stands it's gonna be articulation over aesthetics.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's going to be funny if everyone who customizes cuts those "The Corps" boots off him.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I was almost tempted to put some Unimax combat boots on him.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Funny.

Speaking of which with the crappy Joe arm/shoulder articulation we might be using unimax for Joe driver arms. bbi and 21rst too. Lol.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I was bored to death, so I stopped by a few TRUs and Targets. Zilch, other than some $5 clearance Santa Destros and $20 clearance Skystrikers. Saw the new Retaliation vehicles at TRU, but they're so awful, I just rifled through them to make sure nothing good was behind them, and left. One TRU didn't even have any Joes.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Am I the ony one that imagines that new boat listing hard to starboard and even capsizing because of that huge missile system and noting on the portside to balance it?

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They're starting to drible in ahead of time or atleast clearance stickers are goig on Santa Destro. 16 months 7 of them have been hanging solo at my local Target and that one still hasn't put the cleance price on them. 8 hung for 14 months.

This figure is really well done outside of the right hand and boots. I highly recmmend the Dusty or ST boots. Most others were either dated to cartoonish or too smal looking.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
you think winter Destro may be good for parts eh? You know I was wondering where I could get the coat/web-gear for an Alpine custom. You think winter Destro would have some parts good for that?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
About all Destro is good for is the ice auger, and only then if you're doing a custom ice fishing figure.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Oh, I forgot you're an ARAHFag that likes those fruity stories and costumes.

Yes, you can use Snowbunny Destro for your comical world domination high jinks as well.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If you're an ARAHFag I'm sure it is. Maybe you should go back to HT where they like Cobra Commander's blueberry stage costumes and hair-brained schemes. ;)

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
They were still listed as $6.97 on the peg, but they rang up $8.96. Sucks, but still better than Target's $10.98. I already had the Amazon pack, so that was 4 I didn't have to get. Looks like blue CC's and blue caped Joe Troopers are in the same cases, and the black CC and tan caped Joe Troopers might be a running change.

Congrats Freedom!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
.No, but they probably will. They'll be almost as expensive as Target, though.

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden
Has anyone heard anything about whether K-Mart will be retailing the movie line?

they are, my nieghbor is a manager in the toy and electronics area, he got em the other day, but cant sell me em til the street date. i don't know the prices, though. i do remember them having high prices on toys though, but yes they will have em, and already do, but stuck in the back.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
Thanks for the intel. It's been ages since any K-Mart in my area had any Joes...I was wondering if I should add them back into the hunt rotation.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
So I snagged 1x of each Retaliation figure I was looking for and was missing today. Hit up 1 TRU and 3 Targets, all killing time while shopping for other stuff with the "missus".

Super pissed that the Joe Trooper uses a modified Shock Trooper torso! Frack! That silly collar is glued on, and it looks like the entire neck is a different style. Underneath the collar though, the neck is pitted out, so if you remove the collar, it will leave a gluey mess and a pitted collar (not the Shockzieziez) collar. Blerg. Why on earth would they have wasted effort modding that mold?

Otherwise, he's a cool figure. I just had other plans for him besides using him as a Joe trooper. Now I gotta rethink my plan. Grr.

malcadon

H8ter4life
Mar 14, 2011
Pimpvile
Those set look like shit! The figures looks OK - not great, but dose not suck ether. The weapons and accessories are a joke! Blue-neon guns? Orange machine gun? Cheap gimmicks, like missile-shooters and zip-lines? DID THEY LEARN NOTHING FROM THE '90s?!?

I'll pass...

As long as they produce Anniversary and Pursuit of Cobra styled sets, I will stick with them - as long as they are available. :headinsand: