Retaliation Carded Pics

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
I can't find it either; just the first two waves. BBTS usually emails me when they update their inventory, and I hadn't seen one that mentioned that wave.

edit: Oh, HT...

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Apparently BBTS already got up preorders for wave 3, which contained Bruce and Lady Jaye, and they're already sold out. Hah.

Oh well, I only wanted those two figs from that wave. I guess we may see them after all?

Who knows anymore.

I got 2 wave 3 sets pre-ordered before they "Sold Out". Someone mentioned over on HT thought that they had put in a large # just to see how many were in stock and they had over 400. He then changed his qty to 1 and went to check out and they were sold out.

So, either someone ordered a crap-load of wave 3 sets, a lot of people placed their order at the same time, or BBTS pulled the pre-order. That's if the guy was telling the truth. I'm leaning more toward BBTS pulling the pre-order if it's true.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Sorry, should've posted the links. They were sold out so it's not like it mattered. Pics were the crappy Hasbro mockups that looked hand-painted. No LJ pics, either.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
Are they movie figures?
Yes they are. The only good thing are the heads.
Not my pic...

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, I found those yesterday. Gonna pass, as a female buck is what I'm looking for over the Anne Hathaway head.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Well, BBTS has the wave 3 pre-orders up on their front page now, but only the case with wave 2 & 3 is available. The 5 piece set is still sold out.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Looks like that Alley Viper "thing" is the red Cobra Trooper and not the one from an upcoming 3 pack, as we'd feared.

I'm still betting Cobra Invasion Trooper is the red Shock Trooper spotted at TF.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
That's way too much effort when all I want is 3 figures: KataRock, LJ and Bruce.

I'll regret it, but I've got bigger fish to fry for now. I already ordered the KataRock, who should help add to the bigger-built team members.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Well, according to "that place" and Kokomo Toys, wave 2 & 3 have been officially cancelled.

This is just one big mess.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
That puts several customs I was hoping to work on this year on the back burner. I really wanted some wave 2 Roadblocks and wave 3 Coltons.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I think by the time Wave 5 doesn't show up in 2013, that may be the longest that we've been teased by a figure shown 3 years prior.

I'm talkin' 'bout you, Kwinn.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
Well, according to "that place" and Kokomo Toys, wave 2 & 3 have been officially cancelled.

This is just one big mess.

While I wouldn't bet against these waves being cancelled/postponed, I do think it's pretty odd that BBTS would post Wave 3 on their site, take it down a few hours later saying that Hasbro told them to pull it and not to post it until they say so, and then post it the next day. There's some major miscommunications going on somewhere. Is Hasbro that big that it can't generate a coherent, consistent message?

edit: Just got an email from BBTS officially cancelling Waves 2 and 3.

Last edited:

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
While I wouldn't bet against these waves being cancelled/postponed, I do think it's pretty odd that BBTS would post Wave 3 on their site, take it down a few hours later saying that Hasbro told them to pull it and not to post it until they say so, and then post it the next day. There's some major miscommunications going on somewhere. Is Hasbro that big that it can't generate a coherent, consistent message?

edit: Just got an email from BBTS officially cancelling Waves 2 and 3.

Yeah, they're "damage control" seems to be terrible. They're not giving me much hope for the struggling franchise.

Supposedly, the movie didn't screen test well, and that's either the main reason Paramount postponed it, or a contributing factor. If it's true, then I hope they get it right the 2nd time. It would be nice for a new generation of fans to emerge, and a good movie might be able to bring that about.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
I saw a SE, SS, CC and RB on target shelves last night... I kind of wanted a RB, but just couldn't bring myself to buy them. : shrugs : money saved for other things, I guess.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I saw a SE, SS, CC and RB on target shelves last night... I kind of wanted a RB, but just couldn't bring myself to buy them. : shrugs : money saved for other things, I guess.

I felt the same about the 3 packs. I want a couple of accessories, so I can hardly justify the cost. Probably can't trade the other shite, either.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Slice's nón lá/sugegasa hat and SE & Beachhead's LBV. Commando RB is the only keeper figure.

Waiting for Black Dragon Ninja to do my Slice custom.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I believe TofuJesse should have all of that available sometime soon - I'm sending him the LBV, as is someone else, and I believe someone was going to send him the hat as well.