Mar 15, 2011
Surprisingly, I picked up the following at TRU today:

Joes:
Crazy Legs
Viper X2
Rock Viper X2
Iron Grenadier X2

Halo Reach
Halo: Reach Series 03 – Jun Noble 3/Spartan-266 (Olive/Steel)
Halo: Reach Series 03 - Spartan Air Assault (Female) (Rose)
Halo: Reach Series 03 - Spartan Jfo (Male) (Rust/Steel) - Toys "R" Us Exclusive

Last edited:

Starfighter

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
I really wanted to get the 2 Halo Reach Vehicle Accessory Packs but I will wait and see what the prices are in the other stores.. The figures look very good.

I really like the new Crazy Legs. It is not as flamboyant as the original in terms of colors. They washed the red down a lot and it fits. The old grey scheme looks to be more of a light tan too me as well. It could pass as a military uniform despite the fact that it has red on it. The only thing that I do not like on it is the head and hole on the chest. The Snake Eyes/Hard Master mold is getting it's use. I really wish that they gave Crazy Legs some sort of oxygen Mask, Duffel Bag or any thing to add to the figure. All-in-all, I really like the new Crazy Legs. Maybe, it is a personal bias as it is a figure that I played with a lot as a kid and wanted Hasbro to do it for the 25th/ME stuff.

BTW, Glædelig Fødselsdag (Happy Birthday) to ya Dre!

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Hmm, CL is growing on me more and more. The only reason I'm excited to get him is the ARAH goodness. I never cared for the character previously, and the kitbash seemed mediocre. I may just ship my POL at BBTS and eat the mild shipping cost.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I opened the Iron Grenadier next. Ugh. I know he's 99% Wave 4 Destro, so I don't know what I was expecting with him. I guess, maybe to have the harness that Destro has for his gun. This thing is too big for any person to hold for any length of time...ESPECIALLY with the f'ing canister on the front of it. The ammo belt does not fit into the backpack (which had a bent peg btw, making it near impossible to get into the figure properly.

The head is nicely done. The 25th IG had a crappy paint job on the helmet and really detracted from it. This one is pretty sweet. Lotsa detail in there.

I had to fiddle with him a bit to get him to stand with that big ass gun...but I got him. As soon as I snapped the picture, he fell backwards. Ugh.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
The IG's Smartgun is critical for Aliens fans. :)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
That headsculpt looks like he just found out Santa wasn't real..

lol, thats good...

but i'm in the "like-the-headsculpt" camp...i didn't pick up Zartan, so to me, its pretty much a new head..

and i've liked the figure since they first showed him...yeah, the lowers leave a bit to be desired, but aside from that, i think he looks really good...the added white trim detail is really nice IMO

Greg

Enlisted
Apr 23, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I'm glad the Aliens steady gun made it out. I was totally bummed when I learned it wasn't included with Destro. The lack of the harness piece is a bit disappointing but it's not a deal-breaker for me.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think i've heard that even if you do have a Destro armature it's not gonna work. I guess the SG wasn't produced to be used on it after all.

Greg

Enlisted
Apr 23, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I think i've heard that even if you do have a Destro armature it's not gonna work. I guess the SG wasn't produced to be used on it after all.

I just looked at the Joe Con 2010 pictures and the sg was just displayed lying next to the mounting piece. For some reason I thought they were connected in those pics... the probably says something about my attention to detail.

I'm still psyched about the IG figure, and it's probably my most anticipated from the wave.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
First I've heard of this ^^^

That's crap.

Yeah, i think i read it over on HT.

Now, i can't say how the M134 mounts on the Destro piece, but i imagine the SG can be modified to work fairly easily.

Hell, i have some gashapon stands laying around that have a ball joint in them, and i'm pretty sure i can MAKE it work.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Really not digging those Snow serpent legs on Crazy. Not liking the fact about the smart gun not working with the arm.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Am I the only one who doesn't see a problem with the Crazy Legs legs?

He only has thick-ass cold weather trousers and clown shoes where his jump boots should be.

We won't mentioned the "mildly retarded" head sculpt, though.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Crazy Legs is called Crazy Legs for a fucking reason, so everybody stop bitching about him. Seriously guys! There are worse things about the new waves, like god damn cock master being repainted for no reason and the fucking fact that these AREN'T EVEN FUCKING AVAILABLE IN COMMON RETAIL ANYWAY RRRRRAAAAAHHHHHH!!! Fucking shit! I'm not forking over eighty dollars to Hasbro for a wave of figures! I just want one or two of the fucking things!

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Crazy Legs is called Crazy Legs for a fucking reason, so everybody stop bitching about him. Seriously guys! There are worse things about the new waves, like god damn cock master being repainted for no reason and the fucking fact that these AREN'T EVEN FUCKING AVAILABLE IN COMMON RETAIL ANYWAY RRRRRAAAAAHHHHHH!!! Fucking shit! I'm not forking over eighty dollars to Hasbro for a wave of figures! I just want one or two of the fucking things!

lol...10 deep breaths

good stuff

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
took a stab at going in a Wally World today,...............Wew Hew!!!!! I found a Commando SE that I needed to complete my 4 man team and an ST to complete my 6 man team.

All POC latest wave with no Destro. No shit.

Way out in the middle of nowhere.

Now where's Low Light?

Big Jim

Thread Derailer
Mar 15, 2011
Occupied PRK
So looking back @ toyfair coverage I think they flipped waves 5 and 6. It says wave 5 may wave 6 july. While 6 is bein found there are no reports of 5 on shelves. thoughts?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
i'm not sure which wave is which, but, BBTS shipped the Crazylegs wave first and are just now getting to the Steel Brigade wave

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
So looking back @ toyfair coverage I think they flipped waves 5 and 6. It says wave 5 may wave 6 july. While 6 is bein found there are no reports of 5 on shelves. thoughts?

I'm fairly certain that this is the case, the waves got flipped around.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I think we're getting Zandar and maybe Horrorshow. Someone at HT posted this pic, and I stoled it. Here, check it:

The ones I can't figure out, are:

Column 5, 4th down (Horrorshow?)
Column 2, 5th down (Airtight unmasked?)
Column 5, 3rd down (Zandar, anyone?)
Column 4, 4th down (edit: M_Renegade at HT said this was Law unmasked)

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.