Marauder KS "bundling"

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Anyone want?

Hey Marauder Task Force Team Members!

Just a quick update, EVERYTHING is on schedule with the MTF project and proceeding as planned. So far, so good! As soon as we get the first test shots off the production tools will post images.

We received SEVERAL requests for an "All-Green" Marauder Task Force Trooper (SAME paint design & accessory color as the Blue & Red figures...but Green). We were able to make some adjustments at the factory and CAN have the "All-Green" figure added to the current production run. We were going to hold off and "surprise" everyone when the figure released in December with the other figures, but that might cause issues with our original Kickstarter supporters. You all were the FIRST to support the project and wouldn't get first shot at the green "Field-Ops" figure. As a side note, the Dark Green "Field-Ops" figure will be the lowest produced figure.

The Dark Green "Field Ops" figure will be different than any other figure release in that it comes with Dark Green versions of EVERY accessory currently available. The "Field Ops" figure comes with all three helmets, all three heads, all three vests, all the headgear (Boonie hat, fatigue cap, beret, scarf, gasmask and goggles), large sheath w/knife, small sheath w/knife, large holster, right small holster, left small holster and 2 of Each modular accessory. The individual item prices for all those items will add to over $50 on the website when released, but the "Field-Ops" Trooper & Accessory set will have the special $35 pre-order price if ordered now. Yes, Kickstarter supporters will have a rifle, pistol and IDS stand added for each Field-Ops figure ordered and there are NO additional shipping charges for adding the figure to your order. NOTE: To be clear, the accessory color is DARKER GREEN than the MEDIUM GREEN color accessories for the Spec-Ops figure AND accessories have ONLY Black paint details as opposed to LIGHT GREEN and Black paint details.

Here are images of the figure and accessories (thanks to Stephan Allen for MORE simply AMAZING color illustrations!)

The Dark Green "Field Ops" figure will have the same ordering restrictions on the Fundafull site as the "Blue Accessory set" and the "Headgear Accessory Set." The Dark Green "Field Ops" figure is NOT added for free to any level and is NOT eligible for selection in the Vice Admiral levels. If you are at the Squad Commander participation level or higher and want to ADD the figure to your order, just add it. If you have submitted your order (order is "locked"), just send us a message via the Fundafull website and ask us to Unlock your order.

NOTE: We have FINALIZED our order quantities with the factory for the other 7 figure styles. So we ask you PLEASE order the "Field Ops" figure ONLY if you want to ADD it to your current order and NOT "swap out" other figures you have already ordered for it. Another BIG reason we were going to hold off until December to announce the figure is to avoid wreaking havoc on ALL the order work that has taken place over the last 2 months and cause issues with our factory.

If you do not wish to order the "Field Ops" figure, there is NOTHING you need to do. Your current order is set...unless you have yet to pay for your order, register your order or submit your order. You can wait and order any remaining "Field Ops" figures off the website with the rest of our supporters in December when the items go live.

We are still a few days away from adding the Dark Green "Field Ops" figure to the Fundafull order page. So if you have any comments before the figure is available to order, please let us know (either post a reply to this update or send us a direct message)!

Thanks again for your support!

MJ

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That motherfucker should have been the first figure available.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
I think that's some bullshit.

"Hey everyone, now that you've given us all your money, we're going to show you the figure that you all really wanted from the start!! And you can have him - for an additional fee"

:shakefist:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
That is pretty fucked up. I would have much rather they waited till release and then have an extra figure for sale. Now it just seems like a shitty cash grab.

"Oh, we made all this money off you, but this one doesn't count towards any of the stretch goals". Bah. It's pretty cool, but I don't think it's $35 cool, or especially not $50 cool.

Just ship us our damn figures.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I feel like they got a bunch of money, moreso with the stupid fundafull website thing, and now they're cocky. Just finish your damn project and get us our product.

You can bloviate about how great you are then.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Better hope they don't end up having a tendency to break. Gonna be a lot of pissed off customers.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
That is pretty fucked up. I would have much rather they waited till release and then have an extra figure for sale. Now it just seems like a shitty cash grab.

"Oh, we made all this money off you, but this one doesn't count towards any of the stretch goals". Bah. It's pretty cool, but I don't think it's $35 cool, or especially not $50 cool.

Just ship us our damn figures.

Seeing that it was an established business using kickstarter to fund a project I would say cash grab. :trollface:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I saw someone post that he's gonna be $50 in the store. Good luck with that, if true.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I saw someone post that he's gonna be $50 in the store. Good luck with that, if true.

Think that's based on a misreading of the original email, that said that if the figure and all of his gear were purchased in the store it would cost more than $50.

Marauder's email said:
The individual item prices for all those items will add to over $50 on the website when released, but the "Field-Ops" Trooper & Accessory set will have the special $35 pre-order price if ordered now.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Not that much different than buying a figure and a stretch goal's worth of accessories for the figure.

Except that here we're getting all the accessories in the same color and it has more accessories than were in the typical stretch goal.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
It's a great deal considering that you do get all the accessories straight away which is what I wanted in the first place ($19 figure, $16 accessories). I also wish this color was available at the start.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Eh, just give me the figure. None of the assorted plug-in junk is all that interesting.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Seeing that it was an established business using kickstarter to fund a project I would say cash grab. :trollface:

This ^^

I never like the idea of these established companies using Kickstarter to make the money up front. What happened to the good old days where you took a chance on your "great idea" because you had faith in it? Nowadays companies won't produce things unless they get funded first. That's great and all but I think it takes away from other inventors and smaller guys that really don't have the funds to make their projects and ideas come to life without help. Marauder has been doing this for years and they have an established name in the game already.

Look at a company like OriToy and Kit Lau - they took their idea for Acid Rain and just said screw it, went to production and it's a success. People love it. Why? Because it's a good idea and it's awesome.

What's next? Hasbro going to do a Kickstarter to see if the next wave of GI Joe repaints is worth it??

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I don't know, with Marauders it didn't seem to be any kind of charity case. You were giving them money for future products. The more you ordered the better deal you got.

I'd be fine seeing Hasbro do something like this, order what you want, in whatever quantities you want. Way better than 'hoping' to find stuff at retail or snag an online deal.

Realistically this should be how HasbroToyShop works.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Which is essentially what they did, they just added in the benefit of if it wasn't going to be profitable they wouldn't get funded and wouldn't be out money.

Seems like a genius business plan.

Think is Hasbro did the same thing, but say, using some cool army builder figure. Stretch goals let you unlock additional army builders.. gold mine!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hope they don't price themselves out of the market.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Just posted:

Dear MTF Supporters,

Our goal was to have all orders arrive or ship before Christmas, but that is no longer possible. While packing the orders we found some structural issues with the figures. Issues that are not easy to detect, but appear to be widespread throughout the figures. We worked with the factory engineers to solve the problems and the only sure solution is to REPLACE all the figures. Consequently, we won’t be able to ship any orders for several weeks while we wait for the replacement figures to arrive.

Needless to say, we are absolutely devastated. To be on the home stretch and have this happen at the last moment is beyond anything we could have imagined. Our time table and plans were right on target, and we have kept you all updated all along the way…but this unforeseen problem took us by surprise. The only bright spot is we discovered the issues BEFORE the orders shipped.

We apologize for this delay, will keep continue to keep you updated as we go forward and hope to regain your support by quickly solving the problem & shipping your orders.

Sincerely,

MJ & the entire Marauder team

Also, I PROMISE I will update people on when orders arrive. STOP PMING ME. :p

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Aw man that sucks! Good thing they found the defects now instead of later. It would have been a nightmare to ship replacements.