Footloose is coming!

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
got an email telling me that my subscription ends on 1/5/12. Gonna have to renew as there is no way I'm gonna miss out on FL

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah, but with what parts exist, he's basically what I expected him to be. He could be worse. On a scale of 1-10, he's about a 7, with Dial-Tone being closer to a 3.

The helmet needs brown paint apps on the leaves at the very least, and I'm not sure why they skimped there.

I prefer the older legs in the original Photoshop mockup. Looks like they went with Sarge's legs instead of the ones they used before. I would've used the older Shipwreck torso or the second Shipwreck torso, as that Lt. Stone is a bit too broad-shouldered, but I guess with that big head he's got, the shoulders help balance it out a bit better than Claymore did last year.

They at least swapped out better lower arms. I despise those gigantic Lt. Stone gorilla forearms. It looks like they're using ROC Hawk arms, maybe?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Mine always comes fucked up beyond recognition. I think the mailman puts it in the mailbox with his butt cheeks or something. I guess that's what you get for FREE! Should've paid!

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Mine is always bent in half. My apt mailbox is insanely small and it always comes on a day that i get lots of mail and they fold it in half and cram it in.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
The mailman is probably a t-crotch disciple.

My mail service is garbage. I get my mail at 6pm everyday which is crazy late compared to other areas close by. My shit is always destroyed or not handled properly. Another thing that bothers me is Netflix always says my DVD arrived and it always comes a day or two later.. fuckers

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I suppose it would be nice to have FL's file card, but I think a better Footloose can be made with existing parts. I think I'm just going to make another custom Footloose and call it a day.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
6pm? That's ridiculous.. ours comes between 2-3pm every day, but it's a pretty suburban place I guess.

I bet the USPS people are watching your movies :)

Yea dude, I live in the heart of the Twin Cities. I have businesses across the fucking street that get the mail 3-4 hours before me.

It wouldn't surprise me :)

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Slaughter was such a disappointment. The head-sculpt is good, but the rest of him is just terrible. His torso and leg proportions are just way off, and of course, his arms have no detail whatsoever. *sigh* I want to pecker slap the guy who gave the green light for that sculpt and defecate on the guy who sculpted that piece of crap.

xhairs

odd man out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
Slaughter was such a disappointment. The head-sculpt is good, but the rest of him is just terrible. His torso and leg proportions are just way off, and of course, his arms have no detail whatsoever. *sigh* I want to pecker slap the guy who gave the green light for that sculpt and defecate on the guy who sculpted that piece of crap.

im with you they made him look like a fat slob and thats not the srg we know and love. they could of done so much better then what they gave us.

rds13601

A Waste of Space!!!!
Aug 2, 2011
Biggest dump on earth
When i collected GI Joe ARAH and 25th and gave and sold it away; I just got tired of Hasbro's bullsh*t. With the MASS device packs they screwed up Dusty until he came with a vehicle. This Footloose looks like he has Tiger Stripe camo not Woodland Camo. In my mind this Collectors Club is rip off central. 42 to join and then the price of the figure? How do you know there will be enough made? I've seen their figs like the black armored CC. WOW!! How many years did fans have to wait for the October Guard in ARAH and how long will they have to wait for a 25th style version with all the characters? Surely they would sell yet Hasbro doesn't do it and gives us Cold Slither Zarana. How many versions of Snake Eyes can you make? What about making a Kwinn figure or the Paine brothers or Kamakura in his natural green uniform with black ballaclava? Nope. Or a female 25th Cobra soldier? Nope. I just decided I'm not buying or collecting GI GOE products because I'm tired of the endless crap they churn out like that one man open cockpit scout HISS. Just my 2 cents.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
My Joes and Cobras roll in Bbi and 21st Century.

I agree about the rehashes, though. Then again, 3/4s of the customizers here could do a better Footloose than the one we're getting.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Updated the first post with the updated Prototype. I kept the original one up too so we can compare.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Hmmm I like the mocked up one better.
Why is his facial hair red/orange?
Is helmet also looks too big for his head. I'm going to have to dig out my Claymore to get a look at that again.

I too prefer the old pic. It might be because I'm more used to it but I think it looks better.

*Also* Story has been added to the FP to include the updated Proto

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Which one is footlose?

What I can't believe is no new release of Outback.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I definitely think there was an improvement with the new lower arm choice, but they definitely went a step backwards with the legs and the coloration on the uniform and helmet. I can easily fix the helmet with paint and a good clearcoat, but the uniform being overall too light (it now blends too much with the web gear) and the camo being tiger-stripe is a big letdown.

I wish they'd kept the original legs and upper arms, used the new lower arms and picked a different torso altogether. I'm fine with the head--it justifies the new mold considering that it's shared with Claymore, but I fully expect them to also get another repaint out of it with the JoeCon Marauders Footloose repaint we'll inevitably get either in the box set or as one of the 2-pack figures with Mutt in the same deco. It just seems too easy not to.

Footloose has been my #1 Joe I've wanted to see since the 25th line "officially" sputtered to its death... And I'm frankly surprised it's taken this long considering how "essential" Army Man he is next in line to guys like Dusty.

With Cover-Girl coming shortly, I think Footloose pretty much completes most of my "must haves" in 25th/30th format. It also wraps up most of the Sunbow Joes left out of ME articulation. I still really want Frostbite, Iceberg, Cross Country, and Tollbooth, but are any more missing after those last 4?