Footloose is coming!

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Not bad. But I've liked him much more from the start than their Dial-Tone from last year. A lot of people are saying FL is worse than DT, but I think they're retarded. DT was simply awful, and had that weird spray tan skintone.

I'll post some screengrabs in a few so folks can view it here. Why in the hell did they embed such a small video on their page though?

Here's the full video link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uCqfLIu3RQ0

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
Not bad. But I've liked him much more from the start than their Dial-Tone from last year. A lot of people are saying FL is worse than DT, but I think they're retarded. DT was simply awful, and had that weird spray tan skintone.

I'll post some screengrabs in a few so folks can view it here. Why in the hell did they embed such a small video on their page though?

Here's the full video link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uCqfLIu3RQ0

I agree the DT skin on mine is all jacked up. he looks like he got a horriable sun burn or something.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
The head/skin tone on the SM:Brazil one is damn near perfect. I had to retouch the 'stache a bit because the mask was different on it from the carded release and didn't fully cover the sculpt, but overall, that's the head I used. His gear was also the correct color. I sold off my loose DT and kept my custom one, with the SMB head and gear. I much prefer it over the official one.

Now, Footloose, from that video, looks a LOT better.

The GIJCC needs to improve their presentation skills off the bat. While fanboys are always going to whine, they wouldn't bitch so much if what we saw to begin with looked a lot better. It's just photography quality that's the difference, but that video looks much better than the single still shot.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
FL looks pretty dang good in that video...

Why is his facial hair red/orange?

i wondered this too...looks much more like Crankcase than FL..

...I still really want Frostbite, Iceberg, Cross Country, and Tollbooth, but are any more missing after those last 4?

a good accurate Leatherneck is a must as is Jinx...i'm sure there are others we are neglecting

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Of all the Sunbow Joes, the only ones missing that had ARAH figures but haven't been done are in the modern format are:

Iceberg, Frostbite, Cross Country, Tollbooth

plus Big Lob and Jinx from the film.

Leatherneck, Falcon, Law & Order, Cutter and a few others could definitely use a "do-over" or more accurate ARAH deco, but they technically are close enough to count, although they're bad kitbashes or not accurate enough with what we got. Cutter only needs a new head, but Leatherneck needs a new head and torso to really do him justice. Gung-Ho, while we're at it, needs to be redone too.

We technically got a Frostbite in ROC, but that is not even close. It was as accurate as the ROC Footloose.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
ROC had some decent off-screen characters. There were very few on-screen designs of characters that I bought. I got Paris Pursuit Baroness because she's an amazing figure, a few CCs for the legs at $3 clearance prices, and a Storm Shadow or two for the same thing, but I think that's it. The rest were off-screen characters or ARAH-close-enoughs that weren't bad.

That TRU desert set isn't too bad for fodder or background characters, but you have to mix and match to get a decent Repeater stand-in, and the "Dial-Tone" isn't bad as an extra female. I wound up with that "Frostbite" for a custom, then ended up not using it. Fortunately, I only paid $8 or so getting it from China, so I didn't have to get rid of that damned vehicle he came with.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I gotta run back to the PO to drop off my 2 memberships. I got one for my girlfriend. Haha. She said if we break up, she's selling it. I told her fine, I'm keeping the Wii.

I forgot you have to fill out the MO form, and I didn't have a permanent pen on me (I forgot to bring one with me to fill out the MO) so I saw the line at the counter for the one pen and figured I'd swing back by on my way to pick up lunch.

On their website, it's $42, FYI. Their cart/checkout system is down, so you can't do it that way anyways, but I think it's bullshit that they created all this hassle then charged more, even if it was $2.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Man I want FL, but not badly enough to go thru the sh!tty site/hassle/hoops...if I can score one on scalerbay, cool...if not...ehh, I'll live

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I only want a second if he's carded. I'm stoked to get him finally, but only really need a second to keep carded. Although if he were at retail (or less than $44 a pop) I'd get several because he's a great generic torso base.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Pedotone's cousin Footloose has arrived in Jolly 'Ol England, should be helping PT molest your Short-Round figures in no time.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yep, the land of bangers and mash.

I noticed he has the new swivel wrists. Thought that at least was cool.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
It's about 45/55 halfway around the globe as the bird flies (actually closer to UK). I thought about that afterwards. I meant it by shipping standards, since there's a bigass open ocean and stuff gets here damned fast via China, with all our CA shipping ports.

But yes, I edited that afterwards to clarify, smartass ;)