Byrnes

Ghetto Fabulous
Feb 29, 2012

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Mine from last year was dented from the figure being pressed into the card slightly, but not bad. Surprisingly, the figure was in the box despite there being no tape on it and the fucking flaps being open when I pulled it out of the box.

Was it a box-in-a-box like others have said? Or just like last year's?

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Mine from last year was dented from the figure being pressed into the card slightly, but not bad. Surprisingly, the figure was in the box despite there being no tape on it and the fucking flaps being open when I pulled it out of the box.

Mine was just like last years... a very small box. However last year mine had tape that was peeling off like yours. This year they taped it really well!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
yeah, the tape was fine, but the box really needs to be about a quarter inch bigger in both length and width. Of course, I'm sure they designed it so the figure wouldn't flop around, another cardinal sin. I can live with a slightly curved card. Given my history with the club (about half the time, I get the barbie-sized figure or the right one gets lost in the mail), I'm just thrilled I got the right thing with no fuss.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
I got mine yesterday.
My FC is a bit curved not bent. It fits inside the box so it wasn't the packaging that did it.
The tape didn't stick on the plastic bag so it was open. Nothing spilled out of the bag in transit.
The box was sealed fine.

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden

mine this year is exactly how yours was last year, haha. exactly.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I was going to do a quick review but I'm kinda tired and I'm pretty sure that Rex is going to do a Official Review for the front page when he gets his... so here's a few pics:

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
You can't tell cuz the pic sucks but his Flashlight actually fits inside his backpack. Also his Helmet is friggin Badass!!

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
IF I ever get mine!

Sure enough, mine wasn't here when I got home. Was really hoping it would after the last few weeks. Instead, it rained like a sonofabitch on the way home and I got soaked and now my car (that I just washed 4 days ago this weekend for the first time in 6 months) is nasty as shit yet again.

FYI the backpack/flashlight/pistol/rifle are the exact same ones that came with the first POC Duke.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
FYI the backpack/flashlight/pistol/rifle are the exact same ones that came with the first POC Duke.

Cool. I skipped that Duke... In fact I've skipped every Duke after the 25th line cuz I now have 20 or however many that came out in that line.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Glad you guys like him. I'm gonna stick with DIYing it.

Gungho-joe

Enlisted
Apr 1, 2011
Ohio
Just picked mine up from the Post Office and opened it. I loved last years Dial Tone but Footloose is 100% better than DT. I gotta admit that I originally signed up for the club to get Footloose just to get closer to having a complete roster but now having him in hand I may just have one of my new favorites.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
you dont want him anyway, he's a throw back, you're all about the new look of gi joe..

The general design of Footloose is actually still pretty good. Unfortunately that can't be said for most of them.

But I'm glad I have you to tell me what I want.

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden
i have to admit, i opened my box up for dt last year and pulled the bag out the box, put the box and bag down, and he is still in the same spot as i layed him down for a year, lol, he sucks..

fl, i opened the box the rest of the way, cause it came pre opened, and took him out the bag, was in awwwwe, and now putting him away with the rest of my stuff. i should do the same for that pos dt. he would of been perfect if they just gave him a ship wreck torso and new webgear like the original. everything else was good enough for me.

and i too only joined these last two years to sum up my roster.
but i can not do the sub or con sets. unless i some how get bum rushed with work, or get a new better job, i will have to miss out on many things to come.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

i want old, will take new too, just want old mixed in so it's easier to accept the new crap.

i need classic vehicles, i don't like the new designs and crap.

All the vehicles are crap to me, so I pass on that score.

I haven't even done any custom work the past few weeks. Hoping to get started back soon though. Haven't forgotten about it though and still have the pics for reference :).

Ah, just wondering. Don't want to seem like I'm getting on your case about it.:thumbsup: