Footloose is coming!

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Meh, He kinda sucks. Hate the look of the sgt. stone torso and arms there are better choices. Looks like a damn animated DC Character brood shoulders skin legs. Glad there Making a Footloose for you guys!

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
yea lol. Looking back, I wish I would have ordered more of DT. I will get as many FL's as I can.

I'm going to order a carded and one to open for myself. If others are interested (and if you have the feedback that I can trust you), let me know, and I'll try to order others....

Those with a RoC BenchPress to trade (hint hint, WW) have priority...

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
I'm going to order a carded and one to open for myself. If others are interested (and if you have the feedback that I can trust you), let me know, and I'll try to order others....

Those with a RoC BenchPress to trade (hint hint, WW) have priority...

:D are they making a carded footloose? I'll definately keep you in mind

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
The exclusive is carded, right? Or have the rumors totally fucked my understanding of what's going on?...

I don't know if they are going to offer a carded one. They probably will, and if they do it would definately be an exclusive. The free footloose from the club would come bagged, similar to the mail aways and vehicle drivers in the 80's. I was just wondering if they mentioned if they were going to make a moc one, so sorry if I got you mixed up there.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
Honestly, man, that's not that hard to do....Lack of info from the Club and too much static from everywhere makes a confused panda.... :confused:

thats why I only read news here, I'm the same way. Especially when you add all the BS on most other sites, it just makes one big clusterfuck of my mind

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I wasn't really hoping for an update or a PoC style figure or anything. I just think it could be a little bit better done. I've seen some customs that were much, much better.

don't take this as me being d!cky, but if you could decide how he would be build, as close as possible to the ARAH version, what parts would you use to make him?

anyones welcome to answer that ^

again, heres the original and GIJCC versions

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
don't take this as me being d!cky, but if you could decide how he would be build, as close as possible to the ARAH version, what parts would you use to make him?

having the pictures side by side makes me like the Footloose figure even more. I really like what the club did with him. Not everyone likes it and that is fine everyone is entitled to there own opinion. But visiting other boards I would say the majority are happy with this figure.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I'm a little late to the game because I was drunk all day yesterday at our office party... Guess I need to play catch-up. So far though, I'm really impressed.

I had an inkling that Footloose would be the 2012 figure or the mystery 13th for the sub... My money is that Slice/Dice (whichever isn't in the first 12) is going to be the bonus figure.

FL sure looks a helluva lot better than DT right off the bat... They had better do this one carded though, as Footloose has been a Joe I've been waiting for for a long time.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I'm a bit concerned about that torso though... I would've used Dusty's torso personally, (or the fused one they retooled for ROC Duke) as the Stone torso is a bit barrel-chested, and are those retooled Bazooka lowers? It's hard to tell.

Also, is the pack new?

Last edited:

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I think the Club did a good job, but I would have preferred the Desert Ambush Duke/Dusty/Recondo/PIT Commando torso over the Lt. Stone torso. I've never really cared for the Lt. Stone torso. I would have preferred different lower arms too, as Lt. Stone's seem a tad too big. Those are my only critiques given what the Club has to work with.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I'm a little late to the game because I was drunk all day yesterday at our office party... Guess I need to play catch-up. So far though, I'm really impressed.

I had an inkling that Footloose would be the 2012 figure or the mystery 13th for the sub... My money is that Slice/Dice (whichever isn't in the first 12) is going to be the bonus figure.

FL sure looks a helluva lot better than DT right off the bat... They had better do this one carded though, as Footloose has been a Joe I've been waiting for for a long time.

*The double-posting shows that Mr. Rex is still hungover.*

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Nope it shows that Steve Jobs' boys can't get the internets to work with the godawful AT&T service they opted to exclusively go with when I got my phone. It reloaded the page twice because I went from 5 bars of 3G to "no signal" within seconds.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Nope it shows that Steve Jobs' boys can't get the internets to work with the godawful AT&T service they opted to exclusively go with when I got my phone. It reloaded the page twice because I went from 5 bars of 3G to "no signal" within seconds.

Awww... Cut them some slack. Steve is sick...

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011

agreed. I'm very happy with the look of FL

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I think the Club did a good job, but I would have preferred the Desert Ambush Duke/Dusty/Recondo/PIT Commando torso over the Lt. Stone torso. I've never really cared for the Lt. Stone torso. I would have preferred different lower arms too, as Lt. Stone's seem a tad too big. Those are my only critiques given what the Club has to work with.

I actually think that torso would look better, or even either Shipwreck torso, but the Falcon webgear doesn't actually fit the Dusty/Pit Trooper torso now that I think of it... I tried it, and although it fit, the webgear hangs loose on one side. It may fit on the re-molded Desert Ambush/Nightfox torso, but I'd have to test it out.

(The Falcon webgear I got in a trade, and the person cut it with an Xacto on the left side behind the strap to get it off, not knowing that you have to take the legs off, I guess?) So it definitely doesn't fit without either an edited mold, or cutting it.

The reason I'm not a big fan of the Stone torso is that he's a bit barrel-chested, but I'm hoping that pic is just making him look top-heavy. I really do hate the Stone arms, as they're gorilla-like in proportion and look bad on the original Stone figure.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
The torso doesn't actually look that bad with the right arms though, so maybe it's the angle... I think with the rubbery skirt removed, it may work. The sculpt is shared with the ROC Zartan and the guys in the ROC TRU Desert 5-pack, so if you take off the skirt, the under-torso looks good still as there's a belt sculpted on it, unlike the Dusty torso.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I'm a bit concerned about that torso though... I would've used Dusty's torso personally, (or the fused one they retooled for ROC Duke) as the Stone torso is a bit barrel-chested, and are those retooled Bazooka lowers? It's hard to tell.

Also, is the pack new?

i'm not sure about the backpack...

honestly, i'm cool with the torso, don't think it looks bad at all...the gorilla arms look good and accurate, just too gorilla-y...

ehh, whatever, best i've ever seen them do and lots better than even some other bashs i've seen Hasbro do...i'll definately be trying to get one at the very least bagged...if i could score a carded one, BONUS!

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I actually think that torso would look better, or even either Shipwreck torso, but the Falcon webgear doesn't actually fit the Dusty/Pit Trooper torso now that I think of it... I tried it, and although it fit, the webgear hangs loose on one side. It may fit on the re-molded Desert Ambush/Nightfox torso, but I'd have to test it out.

(The Falcon webgear I got in a trade, and the person cut it with an Xacto on the left side behind the strap to get it off, not knowing that you have to take the legs off, I guess?) So it definitely doesn't fit without either an edited mold, or cutting it.

The reason I'm not a big fan of the Stone torso is that he's a bit barrel-chested, but I'm hoping that pic is just making him look top-heavy. I really do hate the Stone arms, as they're gorilla-like in proportion and look bad on the original Stone figure.

Yeah, that looks a lot better than the Stone torso. I agree on the arms. If they would change just the lower arms it would look a TON better, if they went w/the right ones.

The Roadblock web gear w/that torso wouldn't be bad either. Add a knife, pouch...

The torso doesn't actually look that bad with the right arms though, so maybe it's the angle... I think with the rubbery skirt removed, it may work. The sculpt is shared with the ROC Zartan and the guys in the ROC TRU Desert 5-pack, so if you take off the skirt, the under-torso looks good still as there's a belt sculpted on it, unlike the Dusty torso.

Thanks, for sharing the pics MR.

I still don't like that torso. Also, your DT's skirt needs to be adjusted. You'll notice where the pockets on skirt match up to the pockets on the torso.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
The build is much better than Dial-Tone. Also, the skin tone looks to be a lot better too. Maybe they've finally figured out how to not make pink flesh tone for the "free" figure.

I'm definitely in for 2, bare minimum. You know they'll card the bastard, I just hope they handle him better than Dial-Tone's distribution. Considering that they've got the carded situation for the subscription figures, they'd be stupid not to piggyback that and either do all the figures carded, or have plenty this time for sale on the site. I just hope they don't limit the shit out of them and make them difficult as hell to get this time around.

If I end up going to JoeCon, they'd sell them online and not have them there, and if I don't go, they'll have them at the Con for $20 and jack the prices up like crazy on the secondary market again... Whatever I go with, it'll be the opposite of that. :)

What they'd logically do is make the loose one the "free" one, then offer up carded ones to members for say $20-30 or something, and make enough of them this time. Footloose will sell out regardless of how many they make, so they'd be smarter to take as much money as they could before letting all the scalpers have fun with the price limit.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I still don't like that torso. Also, your DT's skirt needs to be adjusted. You'll notice where the pockets on skirt match up to the pockets on the torso.

Yeah, it's adjusted now. I did the review straight out of the bag, and realized it after someone else pointed it out. The review's on the site here in the reviews section. Idiots put the gear on sideways, and me thinking they'd know best and wouldn't goof up on something like that, didn't really notice it and didn't adjust it till someone pointed it out.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
The build is much better than Dial-Tone. Also, the skin tone looks to be a lot better too. Maybe they've finally figured out how to not make pink flesh tone for the "free" figure.

I'm definitely in for 2, bare minimum. You know they'll card the bastard, I just hope they handle him better than Dial-Tone's distribution. Considering that they've got the carded situation for the subscription figures, they'd be stupid not to piggyback that and either do all the figures carded, or have plenty this time for sale on the site. I just hope they don't limit the shit out of them and make them difficult as hell to get this time around.

If I end up going to JoeCon, they'd sell them online and not have them there, and if I don't go, they'll have them at the Con for $20 and jack the prices up like crazy on the secondary market again... Whatever I go with, it'll be the opposite of that. :)

What they'd logically do is make the loose one the "free" one, then offer up carded ones to members for say $20-30 or something, and make enough of them this time. Footloose will sell out regardless of how many they make, so they'd be smarter to take as much money as they could before letting all the scalpers have fun with the price limit.

I think he's better than the DT too, and plan on getting at least 1, maybe 2.

Yeah, it's adjusted now. I did the review straight out of the bag, and realized it after someone else pointed it out. The review's on the site here in the reviews section. Idiots put the gear on sideways, and me thinking they'd know best and wouldn't goof up on something like that, didn't really notice it and didn't adjust it till someone pointed it out.

lol... Yeah, it bugged me to no end in the pics they had of him. At first I thought I had been displaying my figures wrong all along and went back to check my ROC figs and sure enough, the Club had no idea what they were doing.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I have an M16 from another ROC/POC figure... I can't remember who it was from, but I was surprised that they didn't give him that. It's almost exactly the same as his vintage figure's, without the strap.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I have an M16 from another ROC/POC figure... I can't remember who it was from, but I was surprised that they didn't give him that. It's almost exactly the same as his vintage figure's, without the strap.

Yeah, they were careful to try and get all of the other details, but then thought "Screw it." with the gun. Oh well, it's an easy fix, I guess.:rolleyes:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
If the worst of the issues are swapping out the gun and maybe lower arms, those are super-easy to fix. I'm really happy with how he turned out. The camo looks great, and while I was hoping for a unique head sculpt, it's what I expected, and looks good at least.

I do feel like the webgear may sit a little funny on that torso when it's in hand, but overall, compared to what he could've looked like, I think they did a great job on him this time around. Maybe the sub figures won't all be awful kitbashes, after all. :)

Now, they have more than 6 full months to totally fuck this mood up, so I won't abandon my doubts completely, but so far, I'm impressed.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
If the worst of the issues are swapping out the gun and maybe lower arms, those are super-easy to fix. I'm really happy with how he turned out. The camo looks great, and while I was hoping for a unique head sculpt, it's what I expected, and looks good at least.

Agreed.

I do feel like the webgear may sit a little funny on that torso when it's in hand, but overall, compared to what he could've looked like, I think they did a great job on him this time around. Maybe the sub figures won't all be awful kitbashes, after all. :)

Now, they have more than 6 full months to totally fuck this mood up, so I won't abandon my doubts completely, but so far, I'm impressed.

Hopefully the web gear won't sit funny, but I'm definitely going to have to mod it. It needs a knife, pouch and grenade.

I want to see the figs they have lined up for the sub. I wonder when we'll find out.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I like this, although I was really hoping we'd see a mainstream release of him. I think this might convince me to join.

speaking of Sgt. Stone...does anyone have a spare Stone head with the red beret?...i need it for my Lt. Stone custom

Red beret came only in the TRU exclusive SRO set. I might be able to find you an extra of the black beret if you're willing to paint it.

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
Ok so the free 3 3/4 figure is Footloose sounds like most people are happy about the figure, I am for one. Last year around this time we found out Dialtone was the free figure from the club. Not only did we get a free loose Dialtone, but we got a carded one, and a Mission Brazil one. So with that will the 2012 Joe Con set be Slaughter Marauders maybe, What do you guys think?

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
IMO not happenin. Slaughters marauders doesn't have the same backing that tiger force and pp do. Thats why we haven't seen any other subgroups done. Plus, I don't know what they'd call it since they couldn't use the sarges name, and what kind of a slaughters maruaders set be without the man himself :confused:

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
IMO not happenin. Slaughters marauders doesn't have the same backing that tiger force and pp do. Thats why we haven't seen any other subgroups done. Plus, I don't know what they'd call it since they couldn't use the sarges name, and what kind of a slaughters maruaders set be without the man himself :confused:

I also believe Hasbro said that the Sarge is no longer licensed with them. So ya calling them the Marauders with no Sarge would just be weak.