Marauder KS "bundling"

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The question is how well will these do when you're not getting a bulk discount?

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I need to change my figure numbers.

1 Desert Ops
1 Urban ops
2 Night Force
2 Spec Ops
1 Security Ops
1 Arctic Ops

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Is there a way to tell which levels have the most buy ins or are most supported?

The page shows you how many backers each pledge level has. Discounting the Vice Admiral levels (who can pick anything), it looks like the mixed sets are the most popular; of the individual figures, Night Ops are the most popular, then Urban. There's no way to determine with the stretch goal figures (at least for now).

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
• 178 supporters at $19 per
• 294 supporters at $18 per
• 89 supporters at $16.67 per
• 300 supporters at $16.25 per
• 47 supporters at $14.62 per
• 59 supporters at $14 per

Together (472), the highest price per fig has the most supporters...though, these are also the cheapest sets to buy into...

Any way you cut it though, that's a lot of support at $14 plus a fig...*Hasbro rubbing hands together all sinister like doing best Mr. Burns impression*

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Any way you cut it though, that's a lot of support at $14 plus a fig...*Hasbro rubbing hands together all sinister like doing best Mr. Burns impression*

Not really - that's less than 1000 backers at present, not many more people than buy the Club exclusive sets. Hasbro's not going to be making any decisions based on this at all.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
The white fig has a great head sculpt...but do I really want to change my order for figs I have to paint?

Guess I will wait and see if they have the heads "for sell" in the store at a later time.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
The white fig has a great head sculpt...but do I really want to change my order for figs I have to paint?

Guess I will wait and see if they have the heads "for sell" in the store at a later time.

That's the "Mask with Goggles and Breather" sculpt that we have coming in most of the other colors, so you'll likely be getting one anyway - but yes, it should be available in the store.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Nah, I'd have no patience for teaching.

"What do you mean you haven't learned it yet? I've already told you ONCE, haven't I?"

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Sooo, we need to discuss how the free stretch goals are going to be distributed. NSA and I have chatted about this a little bit, and here's my thoughts on how to handle it.

Both bundles get three of each unlocked goal for free. I still think NSA and I should keep a set each for organizing, fronting the money and shipping everything. That leaves two sets, and there's a LOT of stretch goals that were unlocked. The first post has been updated with all of the stretch goals that were unlocked both in order and by color, if you want to refresh your memory.

Other than NSA and me (and ignoring that WVMojo is in both groups), that leaves us with seven people in each group, which means that everyone can get one complete set of accessories in some color (and it works out that everyone gets a color to match at least one of their ordered figures, as well - I've already worked out the distribution for my bundle, assuming no one changes their figure orders).

So we can break up the accessories that way, and have the leftovers get donated to the site for contests and/or reviews, or distribute those as well, or we can go another route. It's a starting point, though. Let me know what you think.

We have twice as many free figures coming as I was expecting even 24 hours ago, though (currently 2x each of Green, Blue, White and Red). My thought was originally to give everyone a set of accessories and donate the figures to the site, but we have enough figures that everyone could get a free set of accessories AND a free figure, and still donate a figure to the site for reviews/contests from each bundle. What do you guys think?

Ultimately, it's up to those of us who chipped in for this (although suggestions from others are welcome), so let us know your thoughts.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Honestly, I think letting people get the most bang for their buck is best. But that could just be me being greedy though.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Reminds me: my original rationale for donating the remaining figures was that we wouldn't have enough to give everyone one and I didn't want to be a part of figuring out who got one and who didn't.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
As long as everyone in the group gets a fair amount of stuff, I think that is the way to go, especially since you said there's extra on top of that.

and to be honest, most of the people that actually contribute to the site already ordered some figures and having a giveaway would just give the same people the free figure, so might as well distribute them. If there's extras after that, then go for a contest or make Eddie beg like a little bitch for one. :D